an Ultra Violet(Light My Way) Gratification thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sken said:
For those that havent seen it live here you go:

Clip is from ZooTV Washington 16th August 1992.

http://web mail.lib ero.it/r.php?d=libero.it&wr=_unreg_5gcs1r3w&ws=66hjsi45&e=libero.it&c=qh0cPpq4rv0nKB9d17yQsH1NW5iiyF4O54243

Just copy and paste the link into Internet Explorer, delete the spaces I have put in between 'web mail' and 'lib ero' and there you go. If you have any playback problems, download the latest codec from www.xvid.org.

This song rocks, here's hoping it shows up on Vertigo soon.

i followed the directions, but when i went to save the file as, it just shows it as a download file document and won't work. can someone help me? :(

MattFromNYC said:

i followed the directions, but when i went to save the file as, it just shows it as a download file document and won't work. can someone help me? :(

Okay... did you copy and paste it into a new window and then delete the spaces and everything? Then you click on the filename in the middle of the page titled Ultraviolet . m 4 a or something. Then choose Open or Save to Comp. Worked for me. :shrug:

i did all that. its crazy. i tried it on my AOL and Firefox browser and the same thing happened. :( of all things, it had to happen with this one. i am dying to hear this thing. :sad:

Well... as somebody mentioned before, maybe you don't have the codec to play it. It's not your usual wma file after all.

This was the song that made me go... allright I love U2. I can remember the exact moment, listening to Achtung Baby Mysterious Ways -> TTYATW -> and the Ultraviolet... as soon as Bono said that "Allright Now"... I was hooked.:drool: :drool:

Nope, its video. Thats why you need to get the codec. Your computer is not supporting the latest divx movie playback if all you are getting is audio.

Cheers
Sken

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you for this video. Every time I listen to this song, I love it more and more.

One of my favorite songs of all time. Definitely my favorite U2 song. Such emotion. Such passion. Definitely the unsung hero among monsters like UTEOTW, The Fly, One, and Acrobat.

When I made my dream setlist, this was the song they ended the show on. I can't think of any better closing song. Maybe it's a "saving the best for last" mentality that I have about it.

God god god I love this song. I'm rambling now. I don't know why I didn't make this thread myself.

Install it.

Did anyone besides me read this entire thread thinking MattFromNYC was boystupidboy? That's what I get for knowing people by their avamatars, plus BSB posted earlier on in this one.

:grumpy:

inmyplace13 said:

Did anyone besides me read this entire thread thinking MattFromNYC was boystupidboy? That's what I get for knowing people by their avamatars, plus BSB posted earlier on in this one.

Are you stalking BSB ???? :wink:

I agree. That and Stay are at the top of my list of favs.
financeguy said:
Yeah, the live version from Dublin ZooTV is one of their most intense ever live performances, of any song.
Have I heard that one? :eyebrow: I have Zoo tv Aus but never saw this one, I don't think.

ok, i installed it (i think my computer was fucking up), but i still cant get the video to work. should i configure the settings or something? also, how can i save the Ultraviolet file? i cant find it stored on my computer... anywhere. Usually it just sets right in my "documents" file, but isnt there. I only have it still as its still on my Windows Media Player and I never shut it out. :huh:

inmyplace13 said:
Install it.

:lol: That's too funny. I associate people with their avatars too but I always quickly glance at their name.

Btw, I didn't see the video either... just heard the audio. Oh well.. its okay. :shrug:

a-ha! i got the video to work!

the video, performance..everything is... just.. WOW!!!! this is from the Dublin 93 show? who taped it? the editing is great.

Last edited:
UV is one of those rare songs that takes me to another place.

P.S. I absolutely NEED that video (or any live version - audio/video ANYTHING). I can't use the link above since I'm on a Mac and avi files don't work with Mac OS. Any charitable soul? :help:

The video is from the Washington concert. Firefox usually saves files to your desktop, however if your version doesn't, load up firefox. click on tools, then options, then downloads. That should then tell you what the default download directory is, hence where are your downloaded files should be sitting.

i got it saved... finally. i'm a fucking idiot with computers as you can see. :huh:

i keep watching the video. lol. i think i've watched it like 10 times already. LOL. if it isn't much trouble.. could you put up more from that show? i would love to see more. :)

Back
Top Bottom