An old chestnut i know but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
boystupidboy said:
is Bono a total tosspot ?

Discuss ................

That's an insult to total tosspots like Larry.

Bono's a windbag, get it right.

:wink:

Re: Re: Re: An old chestnut i know but...

boystupidboy said:
:wink:

Hey Axver hows Aus ? i'm on my way there in a couple of weeks ..... yeehaaa !!!!! Melbourne here i come :drool:

It's a little dry. Except for the parts of central Queensland that just got majorly flooded. Be prepared to forget everything you know about green grass.

Melbourne's a fantastic place. If you want to know anything about the city, feel free to ask.

Re: Re: Re: Re: An old chestnut i know but...

Axver said:

It's a little dry. Except for the parts of central Queensland that just got majorly flooded. Be prepared to forget everything you know about green grass.

Melbourne's a fantastic place. If you want to know anything about the city, feel free to ask.
Cool cheers mate.We're moving out there later in the year so i'm looking forward to the visit...may bump into ya at some point :wink:

I'm not hard to spot. :wink:

(Seriously, even people I've never met before in other faculties at university recognise me. :lol: )

Wait, what uni are you at Ax?

When walking around Melbourne, remember to always have a jumper, an umbrella and a water bottle. Those three things are invaluable, especially with the bloody weather changes we have around here.

I'm at the University of Melbourne.

And yes, that's good advice. Though I suspect Britons might not need the jumper, as even our winters probably feel like their summers. :wink:

Whoah, you're at UniMelb too?

You've probably spotted me a couple of times - I'm the fool Chinese guy who walks around with a huge spear covered in a black bag, or alternatively is on South Lawn practicing (showing off?) with a sword...

Which faculty?

Also for Melbourne, there ARE a lot of international students and people, so don't be alarmed. Also we hold splendid parties; refer to Narre Warren.

I'm pretty blind; I don't spot anyone. When I meet my friends, they like to see how close they have to get before I recognise them. :lol:

I'm in the Arts faculty - history and political science. The current renovations at the ERC make me feel like I've lost my home, which was down on the bottom floor.

We really do need to meet up now, heh. I've been meaning to organise a Melburnian Interferencers gathering for ages as it is ...

Agreed. I'm in Arts too, psychology and criminology for me, so I'm not really bound to a particular location. Also doing a Theology degree at Whitley, so I guess that's where I am a lot of the time.

Sounds like a good plan to meet up; get as many people as we can, wear U2 tshirts, pay out Larry Mullen, the whole nine yards.

Damn, psychology, criminology, and theology? You must be busy.

As soon as I got to the uni, I fell in love with the books on the bottom two floors of the ERC. There was just so much there to feed my hobbies, it's ridiculous. Due to my aversion to sunlight (I'm an albino), I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I've walked across the South Lawn! But yeah, we Arts students sure do get shunted all over the place. I think the only room I've ever used more than once is the Charles Pearson theatre. I wonder if that even still exists now, or if it's been renovated into nothingness.

I'd organise a Melbourne meet-up, but I've no bloody clue where to go. There seem to be more than enough friendly Interferencers in Melbourne for it to be a success though.

I don't like Arcade Fire or actually have a backyard. :wink:

I'd be all for something relatively cheap in the city. Or if anyone's interested in cricket, Metcard holders get free entry to a good number of state cricket games in the coming month or so. I've always enjoyed the cricket as a social event.

I'm hoping to go to Melbourne later this year, actually. I wanted to go to Greece, but Melbourne is basically the same but cheaper.

So hell, maybe I'll see one of you fellows.

The Sad Punk said:
I'm hoping to go to Melbourne later this year, actually. I wanted to go to Greece, but Melbourne is basically the same but cheaper.

So hell, maybe I'll see one of you fellows.

:lmao: I'm starting to suspect that Melbourne is Greece. I certainly don't feel like I'm in New Zealand any more. I'm convinced the Gold Coast is New Zealand's beach-head for its invasion of Australia.

But anyhow, when you visit, do say hi.

TranceEnding said:
see, I was starting to get interested in a Melbourne-Interference gathering until you mentioned THAT :mad:

not that I go 'round inviting myself to stuff ... :wink:

:lol: OK, so the cricket's out. This is why you don't get me to plan things. I'll either send Interference to the cricket, or organise a picnic in Royal Park right between the tram line and railway line so I can indulge the railfan in me and take lots of photographs of trains/trams while everybody else sifts through my U2 bootleg collection or something.

Axver said:

organise a picnic in Royal Park right between the tram line and railway line so I can indulge the railfan in me and take lots of photographs of trains/trams while everybody else sifts through my U2 bootleg collection or something.

now THIS I can excited about :yes: :hyper: LOL

In all seriousness though, it'd be so fun to have a get-together :D I guess the most logical thing is to have it a U23D screening, but apparently that's not happening for at least 36 years, is it? :wink: Something in the meantime would be really cool.

:lol: Are you sure you should be letting him out of the country, Aardvark?

And I love how we Melburnians have just totally hijacked this thread. Maybe we should make our own meet-up thread. I'm thinking we should make a go of this while the weather is really nice and we've at least got the option of making good use of the parkland.

Axver said:

And I love how we Melburnians have just totally hijacked this thread. Maybe we should make our own meet-up thread. I'm thinking we should make a go of this while the weather is really nice and we've at least got the option of making good use of the parkland.

Hey, check your mail. I just sent you the link to my former band's album. Hopefully I did that whole thing right.... Let me know if it works.

Axver said:

do it axver you know you want to .... im dying to meet you :evil:

What could we do for that? I'm also somewhat impressed that you know Bono was born in the year of the rat. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom