An old chestnut i know but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What times are good? I'm guessing on a weekend is probably best? Personally, any time is good right now as I don't have a job, but I'd like one so I'm hoping I'll soon be able to say "well, actually, weekdays are out; I'm working". :wink:

Hell, we've got a public holiday coming up on Monday. It's short notice, but if at least some of us are available, we could do something.

And am I the only person going to Dream Theater on Tuesday?

Seriously, if anybody is free on the Monday public holiday and likes the idea of a picnic in Royal Park, I'm quite happy to go down, park myself by the tram line, and practice my photography in the hope somebody rocks up and can engage me in conversation about U2.

I'm open to other ideas too.

We can then plan for a proper Interferencer gathering in February or something. And then of course, U2 3D will hopefully come to town. I've heard mid-April for Sydney. Now, since Melbourne is better, hopefully we'll be earlier. :wink:

I hafta work on Monday (28) :sad: I'm kinda like Cinnaminson, with a very odd work schedule! Usually free Tue/Wed/Thu and work alternate Sat/Sun's :huh: For instance, I work this Sunday and the following Saturday.

:hmm: I finish work 3pm though ... Monday WOULD be nice, but I wouldn't get there 'til a bit later on, I guess..

Last edited:
TranceEnding said:
:hmm: I finish work 3pm though ... Monday WOULD be nice, but I wouldn't get there 'til a bit later on, I guess..

Actually, a meeting in the late afternoon or early evening would be fine by me if we used my Royal Park idea. During the day, the trams run every 12 minutes, but after 4pm, they become much more frequent, so I'd have a lot more to photograph then if nobody were around.

I'm such a nerd it's painful. I know.

I suppose we should make a proper meet-up thread ...

yay! OK! From one photographer to another, the light is at its best later on in the day/early evening etc. :D

Sounds lovely ... proceed with a meet up thread if you like :)

TranceEnding said:
yay! OK! From one photographer to another, the light is at its best later on in the day/early evening etc. :D

Sounds lovely ... proceed with a meet up thread if you like :)

I've only just acquired a digital camera (waaayyy behind the times here), so I'm just getting used to it. It's still an exciting novelty right now. My photography's shit but I enjoy it.

And I do like that in hijacking this thread, we've probably avoided it devolving into negativity/chaos. :wink:

Melbourne's not Greece - it's China. Surely going to the University, you'd know that.

Hmmmm, I was hoping that the University Wushu (Chinese martial art) club'd to be asked to perform at the Chinese New Year festival this year... So I might or might not be there either way.

And by hijacking this thread, we've prevented it from becoming a discussion about dying in 7 days or the length of Bono's hair or U2 3D. Go us!

Pfft, Greece itself is probably China these days. All I know is that there is a massive Greek population in Melbourne, city-wise the biggest outside of Athens, or something.

Melbourne was also the first place I ever had falafel, so it automatically ties in with the near-east/Mediterranean to me. Nothin' against all other folks there or anywhere else, of course! But do they make falafel?

Anyway I am worried I might come off as potentially racist so can we talk about Bono being a tool or whatever this thread is about now

major_panic said:
Melbourne's not Greece - it's China. Surely going to the University, you'd know that.

Actually, going to the University, you could be forgiven for thinking Melbourne is Italy, due to the proximity of Lygon Street.

Though if you hang out near the Asia Centre, you've got a point.

And by hijacking this thread, we've prevented it from becoming a discussion about dying in 7 days or the length of Bono's hair or U2 3D. Go us!

Melburnians for the win.

The Sad Punk said:
Pfft, Greece itself is probably China these days. All I know is that there is a massive Greek population in Melbourne, city-wise the biggest outside of Athens, or something.

Yeah, I've heard that too, that Melbourne is more of a Greek city than most cities actually in Greece. Remember that Australia vs Greece soccer game at the MCG in 2006? I swear you could not tell whose home game it was.

That said, in 2006, I went to a Bledisloe Cup game in Brisbane with my Australian friend, and he must have been the only Aussie in our section of the crowd! The rest of us were all bloody Kiwis, and we sure as hell let him know.

I can't take credit for those - Queen Bee created them, if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom