An interferencer heard 3 new songs - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:11 PM
An interferencer heard 3 new songs

In the "U2 in the studio" thread in U2 News forum, fellow member zsuszo posted: "hi everyone. we've just came back from Nice. we saw bono adam and the edge in eze and we heard 3 new unfinished u2 songs!!!! one of them are really great with fantastic gitar solo!!"

Old 07-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:11 PM
until I hear those songs, I wont get excited...

I'm sure they were guitar based and had lovely backing vocals

Old 07-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22

Stop being rude. Rumour has it that Bono plays piano these days.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #4
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:11 PM
mmm, exciting
Old 07-21-2006, 04:46 PM   #5
you are what you is

Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22

until I hear those songs I won't get sarcastic
Old 07-21-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man

Stop being rude. Rumour has it that Bono plays piano these days.
get out of here with that.... Bono play an instrument??
Old 07-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:11 PM
Unless things are further along than we think they are (who knows... it's possible... these guys can be sneaky like that if they want to ), there's no point in speculating what the album (or even the finished songs) will sound like in these early, early days based on descriptions or clips of what people are hearing. Like I said in the other thread, isn't it possible they were playing for the sake of and joy of just playing? It's my understanding that musicians do that sometimes, don'tcha know.

That said, I do find these tidbits interesting. It's like coming across an artist's sketch that wasn't put on display for the general public, but was shared with a small group of people.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:18 PM   #8
The Male

Local Time: 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2dork
Unless things are further along than we think they are (who knows... it's possible... these guys can be sneaky like that if they want to ), there's no point in speculating what the album (or even the finished songs) will sound like in these early, early days based on descriptions or clips of what people are hearing. Like I said in the other thread, isn't it possible they were playing for the sake of and joy of just playing? It's my understanding that musicians do that sometimes, don'tcha know.

That said, I do find these tidbits interesting. It's like coming across an artist's sketch that wasn't put on display for the general public, but was shared with a small group of people.
I agree here. I've got to say that I'm a bit excited by this, but I won't jump out of my skin (like I did Wednesday) until I actually hear some actual audio.

And even though these are "early, early days", I'm glad we're even in the waiting period at all!
Old 07-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #9
you are what you is

I think, since they still have some shows to do, they need to haev a good idea where a couple of songs are going now already if they want to release an album autumn 2007

this is more or less based on the studio time they seem to need to produce an album the last decade or so
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 07-21-2006, 05:37 PM   #10
The Male

Autumn 2007

Waiting for autumn 2007
Old 07-21-2006, 05:37 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:11 PM
U2 should release some kind of EP or 8-10 track album for their 5th leg. It'll be 2 years since the Bomb dropped when they start the tour. Thats a lonnnggg time!!

Why can't these fans ask U2 "Are you guys gonna release another album or new tracks this year?"
Old 07-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #12
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by zoopop
U2 should release some kind of EP or 8-10 track album for their 5th leg. It'll be 2 years since the Bomb dropped when they start the tour. Thats a lonnnggg time!!

Why can't these fans ask U2 "Are you guys gonna release another album or new tracks this year?"
I think a ten-track, longer, more...hmm...expansive, ambient album would be wonderful.

With a reworked Mercy at track #5.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:23 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:11 PM
There's a post on U2log in the comments section that says someone recorded these 3 new songs. I'm wondering, though, if it's the same person in our news section who was having problems with the language barrier. Perhaps they meant "heard" instead of "recorded".
Old 07-21-2006, 07:22 PM   #14
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:11 AM
I'd like to know how developed these songs are, as that may tell us how far along U2 are, given their 'organic' way of creating music. If the songs were fairly well structured with cohesive lyrics, then the band may be further along than we think. But if it's more a jam session and Bono's just adlibbing random lyrics, well, I don't think we can consider this indicative of much at all ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #15
Refugee

Local Time: 07:41 AM
edge hasn't done a good guitar solo since Street Mission in 1977 (and maybe to a lesser extent - bullet the blue sky from zoo tv/popmart/elevation).
Old 07-22-2006, 10:41 AM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 09:11 PM
To anyone who was around when Electrical Storm came out - How much notice did we get before Electrical Storm was released? I'm expecting just a single to come out by the end of the year, like ES did in 2002 - 2 years after ATYCLB
Old 07-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #17
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

I think a ten-track, longer, more...hmm...expansive, ambient album would be wonderful.

With a reworked Mercy at track #5.
Mercy shouldnt be reworked! Anyone dare to touch that masterpeice only remasterd it!
Old 07-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:11 PM
Got to calm myself down
Won't get too excited
Got to calm myself down
Won't get too excited

And it starts again.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by IrishDawg
To anyone who was around when Electrical Storm came out - How much notice did we get before Electrical Storm was released? I'm expecting just a single to come out by the end of the year, like ES did in 2002 - 2 years after ATYCLB
Electrical Storm got a lot of attention before it came out on interference....we're always excited for new u2 material

this place is the greatest when all these rumors start coming out. after reading this thread, im gonna start stopping by every day now
Old 07-22-2006, 03:50 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by RademR

Electrical Storm got a lot of attention before it came out on interference....we're always excited for new u2 material

this place is the greatest when all these rumors start coming out. after reading this thread, im gonna start stopping by every day now
haha...i know! i've been pretty absent since starting residency about 3 weeks ago. i randomly came on yesterday & saw this, and now i can't leave again!

Axver, I definitely agree-----I'd love to really have better audio on that clip so that we could really hear how developed this work is. I'm curious to see if this is far enough along that it's almost a finished product, or if it's more Salome Outtakes-esque & that the finished product will sound almost nothing like it.

What gets me is that there's GOT to be more of this video out there. It looks like a digital camera's video function, so I'm not surprised that there are only a few seconds of it in one clip. However, what self-respecting person only takes 8 seconds of video/audio when you're sitting there and hearing U2 rehearse new material????? There HAS to be more out there......we'll see if it'll surface...

on a similar note....Has anyone heard of there being recordings of Bono's piano songs? I met someone a month or so ago who claimed to have about 5 or 6 songs of Bono on piano & promised to give them to me, and now he's all but fallen off the face of the earth. I think he was pulling my leg....though part of me still has my fingers crossed........