An interesting choice on the radio...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tommycharles

War Child
For reasons I didn't ever figure out, a radio station near where I live played a large chunk of Achtung Baby yesterday afternoon...and a few of their choices looked a little wierd...the songlist went

Mysterious Ways
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Until the End of the World
Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around the World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

...I was at least expecting One and The Fly....heh. Twas really cool hearing the album version of Horses on the radio though. Blows the single version off the planet.

One my radio stations played an HOUR of U2 the other day. They were doing one hour blocks, it was pretty cool !

Whilst I agree with your assessment of Wild Horses album version being better than single, I care little if I see or hear U2 on TV and radio, respectively, as I hear their music all the time.

Though it was nice hearing them being blared from a house when I was in the cricket nets on Sunday, as it is one place I would be suprised to hear them.

I heard Original of the Species at Chili's a few weeks ago...everytime I go there, a U2 song will undoubtedly be played. Last time was Even Better Than the Real Thing...

One of the admissions counsellors at my school is a huge U2 fan and also the Saturday morning DJ for the local public radio station. My mom used to come home from running her Saturday morning errands complaining b/c she had to listen to Achtung Baby, start to finish, AGAIN! hehe

A few days ago I heard HMTMKMKM on the local new rock/alternative rock station. :up:

I heard Mysterious Ways last weekend at this Spanish resturant. I heard Desire at my local bar the next day! :drool: ..I always here Songs from the new CD and alot of songs from Atchtung Baby on the alternitive rock station and My mom said the play alot of War and JT songs on the classsic rock station!!! GO U2!! No one can escape the awesome sonic sounds!!!:wink:

I heard Pride at a restaurant the other day. I asked my 2 year old daughter who was singing the song, and she piped up, "Bono sing that song!!!" My mother in law shook her head and scowled, "brainwashing the children...." My father in law stepped in and said, "actually, if you listen to U2's music, its really very good." I almost dropped dead out from surprise. He's 65, and has no interest in music...I guess my U2 missionary work is really starting to pay off....

LOL, cool, starvinmarvin :up:.

I heard "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?" in a Perkins restaurant a while back.

Also, my dad took in a bunch of my U2 CDs when our station here in town switched to a rock format late last year so he could put in a bunch of their stuff. I can hear all kinds of U2 songs on there now as a result :D.

Angela

I went into some boring computer place and then a few seconds in "The Sweetest Thing" started playing..............:drool:

One of the radio stations where I live always plays the Rattle and Hum live version of Pride instead of the studio version. Is this common practice anywhere else?

Bono's shades said:
One of the radio stations where I live always plays the Rattle and Hum live version of Pride instead of the studio version. Is this common practice anywhere else?

Not for me-pretty much every station I've listened to has played the studio version. Most stations I've listened to have stuck to U2's big hits, and the studio versions at that, it's only within the last year or so I've gotten to hear some of their non-hit songs on the radio, as well as live versions of some of their well-known ones.

Angela

I was in a Barnes and Noble a couple months ago, and they played The Joshua Tree as the background music.

And yesterday, I heard Even Better Then The Real Thing. I actually stopped one of the receptionists to find out what the station was. :shifty:

On my birthday this year, I went to a restaurant and halfway through, the stereo system played the entire Pop album. :happy:

And every now and then, the music channel MusicMax will have a day long U2 special. :drool: Now there's a good reason to skip school. :wink:

On the radio station I listen to they are always taking the piss out of U2, and every other band...usually in a very clever way. The most recent one was:

"U2...sounding great...thanks Larry, Adam, The Edge and...who's that other guy? I can't seem to recall the name... anyway here's their latest"

At o briens ( an irish sandwich bar) they always have the 80-90 best of playing.

Just a shame they have the westlife best of as well:mad:

I once had a taxi driver who was listening to Achtung during my journey, I only got to listen to Zoo Station through to Who's Going To Ride:wink:

Back
Top Bottom