an how to dismantle review i found within comments of a blog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cmb737 said:
I think Daniel Lanois is one of the best and most sought after producers in the world. I think his involvement in this project is more so than we in the "uniformed speculation" world know.

IMO

Yes, but for whatever reason, they chose to go without Lanois and Eno on this album for the bulk of the production, which says something. I'm thinking they called Lanois in simply because they respect his opinion. I mean, it seems like everyone and their brother has been in the studio to give their two cents on this album, including some fans. Based on the results of the other Lanois and Eno produced albums, i could hardly criticize their efforts, but i think what's missing in their production is a kind of raw energy. Also, it's entirely possible that promo copies are out at this point, the last two albums that i can remember anticipating this much were already leaked three months prior to their proper release because of promo copies sent to magazines, friends, etc.

The comments in the blog could be totally bogus. I could write a 'review' on the CD right now simply with the knowledge we already have about the album. This vague review posted on someone's friggin' blog isn't worth our time or speculation. We're only encouraging copycat reviewers.

Last edited:
It shouldn't be too hard to find out if a guy by that name actually works for Paste Magazine (which is real, btw, and is based in Atlanta). If he does, that lends some credibility to the "review."

john1800 said:
It shouldn't be too hard to find out if a guy by that name actually works for Paste Magazine (which is real, btw, and is based in Atlanta). If he does, that lends some credibility to the "review."

Andy Whitman is listed in the Paste masthead as a Contributing Editor. It's a real opinion, he has the record. And he likes it.

thanks mr brau. I think its a real review, the way its written doesnt seem like the guy is BS=ing. Anyway, Lanois is a great producer but I think for this guitar orientated record steve lillywhite is a perfect fit. The harder edge kind of rock album doesnt really fit Enos style, as Bono said a year or so ago.

Uhm... the copy control on advance cds has gotten to a new stage lately. I write reviews as well and if you get an advance cd these days there's nothing you can do with it other than play it. If you do anything else, your name will be sent to some computersystem (this is absolutely true) and you will be prosecuted. Of course the person could tape it with a device outside the computer, but I personally wouldn't do that either. Even knowing how much you guys want to hear the album, doing that is simply not done as a music journalist and if the record company ever found out you did that, you're basically fucked and your career will be over.

Having said this: no, I don't have the album yet.

Back
Top Bottom