An Cat Dubh appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lauren430

Refugee
I love this song! Boy in general is underrated in my opinion.

No people, this is not a joke.

Stop laughing :mad:

I like how it transitions into 'Into The Heart', kinda like Def Leppard's Heartbreak and Switch 625. U2 should've done this kinda stuff more often. Boy is really one of their best in my opinion. Atmospherics like in the Ocean or 4th of July (UF) is what's missing in U2 these days. They're trying to sound like their former selves but where are the instrumentals?

did you know An Cat Dubh stands for The Black Cat?

just a little trivia you can use to impress your friends :wink:

ooh yes and i remember the story about what that song was about. it was about the black cat who'd kill its prey and then lie beside it. he said the black cat was this girl he'd dated once when him and ali were broken up for a bit. and he was the bird. don't know if there's any truth to that though, as bono has a tendency to make stories up.

love the song btw :up:

I remember when I first got Boy years ago.....I thought An Cat Dubh was awesome. It almost sounded like a James Bond movie song. I don't know why.

Boy (pun intended), if they would play ACD/ITH on this tour that would be awesome.

I agree with the James Bond theme song comment, not that that is a bad thing. I have a boot DVD with ACD/ITH from a small club in Germany, 1983.

I have to admit- an cat dubh is the wierdest U2 song I have ever heard, but it is sweet, the whole BOY album is awesome!

"An Cat Dubh" (and "Into The Heart," of course) is one of my five favorite U2 songs of all time. Along with "MOFO," "Dirty Day," and "Acrobat," it is one a few older songs which I would simply kill to be able to hear in person on the upcoming tour. I love this song more than I could ever possibly say...

Back
Top Bottom