An apology for my post.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miggy D

War Child
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to write an apology for the thread 'Sophie's Choice.' Looking back now, I can see that it was in very bad taste, and I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking when I posted it. It was late, I was bored, and I was thinking about another absurd thread to post, along the lines of 'Alien vs Predator vs U2' (which I posted a couple days ago). I had thought since most (if not all) of the Interference posters, along with the members of U2, weren't alive during the time of Nazi Germany, it would be kind of absurd (in a morbid sort of way) to stick them into that situation. It was something I chose off the cuff, and thought about it in the same vein of 'You're in Napoleon's prison with the 4 members of U2...'

Stupid decision on my part. It was insensitive for me to mention such a recent tragedy in our history. It was also a stupid move on my part to (even in jest) ask which member of U2 you would prefer to see die. As a years-long fan of U2 myself, I would never want to see any member of my favorite band (or for that matter, any human being, period) killed.

I hope you will all accept my apologies. The thread definitely was in bad taste, but I hope you will not think of it as an accurate representation of my character.

-Mike

Last edited:
Thank you for your apology.

Keep in mind that just because none of us here weren't alive during the Holocaust, doesn't mean some of us didn't lose family members during that time. You really have to look at the whole of the issue here.

And since threads about closed threads aren't allowed, I'm going to close this now, but thank you for writing what you did here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom