An alternate (glass half full) viewpoint on the Spaniards' talking (and talking)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teebee

The Fly
OK, how's this for a hypothesis:

These guys have a video camera and basically are sitting outside knowing that U2's in the house.

Then, they fall ass-backwards into taping the entire CD. One of the guys is smart enough to know this is new music, and gets them to start recording quickly. They've got to get positioned properly and are excited.

My guess is that when (not if, but when) the other recordings are released, you'll hear less talking. When turning the recording into mp3s, they probably also had to turn the volume way up which would capture any ambient noise around the camera itself.

Anyway, my guess is that by week's end you'll hear 8 more of these. If you want to, that is!

i'm actually so impressed with the talking that i'm holding out hopes for a spanish spoken words album.

In the first part: "i'd like to move closer, but that fat guy is looking at us", "this recording is going to be a shit" "it's this the song 'don't you' right?"... in the second sample: "it sounds good, remains me like the outtakes", "it has a raw sound, it looks like it's not mixed".

redbook said:
In the first part: "i'd like to move closer, but that fat guy is looking at us", "this recording is going to be a shit" "it's this the song 'don't you' right?"... in the second sample: "it sounds good, remains me like the outtakes", "it has a raw sound, it looks like it's not mixed".

I had been wondering what the crap they were on about! Thanks, and anyone else who speaks Spanish feel free to add more.

mikal said:
i'm actually so impressed with the talking that i'm holding out hopes for a spanish spoken words album.

I'm with mikal on this. Those spanish dudes talking easily beats U2's entire catalog. It's so impromtu ... spontaneous ... can't you imagine their words in a big stadium! Awesome!

think U2 is a little late on the "Latino Mania" that swept America 4 years ago w/ Ricky Martin, Enrique Iglesias, and J-Lo.....

Is the 'fat guy' looking at them Paul McGuinness?

Mikal -- I love your idea, briing on the spanish-language spoken word album NOW!

Back
Top Bottom