Amidst all the other talk of U2 albums....... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-18-2002, 05:29 AM   #1
War Child
 
U2One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 707
Local Time: 05:24 PM
Amidst all the other talk of U2 albums.......

i was listening to Can't Help Falling In Love live from the Zoo TV concerts and it's fucking amazing. it would've been kinda cool if they played it with a fan on the elevation tour like they did for knocking on heaven's door, people get ready, etc. just a thought


by the way, when U2 isn't on tour or about to release some new material this forum gets kinda dull....no offense to anyone

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01
__________________

U2One is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 06:31 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life
 
mad1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Posts: 13,165
Local Time: 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2One:


by the way, when U2 isn't on tour or about to release some new material this forum gets kinda dull....no offense to anyone

Yes, thats why three-quarters of the peeps have either left for good or arent coming back til U2 shovel their arses off the floor!



__________________

mad1 is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 06:44 AM   #3
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,125
Local Time: 11:24 PM
You have such a way with words
bullet the blue sky is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 06:50 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life
 
mad1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Posts: 13,165
Local Time: 10:24 PM
dont cry Bullet......
mad1 is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 07:06 AM   #5
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,042
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2One:
this forum gets kinda dull....no offense to anyone
I like 'dull'
'annoying' is where I draw the line



------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it
Salome is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 07:28 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life
 
mad1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Posts: 13,165
Local Time: 10:24 PM
Achy looky its Salomy the biggy miggy muggy huggy wuggy oggy that I wuvvy and wanna smoochy coochy roochy poochy a bumble-beddy withy in the morny on the fieldy of the water and grainy stones achy, pully Salomy's cheeksies into brighty reddy pulpies, ya big squeezy squashy noshy yoshy cutie funny falooney squooby sqinky squalotus bambotus rucksacked ramblin bum-bon cute rootin pompal pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and thats just his ball)

mad1 is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 08:46 AM   #7
War Child
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 555
Local Time: 10:24 PM
You should write Greeting Card inserts. That was inspired.

------------------
Lately I'm sure, words won't implore you to stay
Tizer is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 09:47 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
madonna's child's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,567
Local Time: 06:24 PM
Yeah, I read through the threads in EYKIW everyday, but I don't post a lot. We're in a bit of a U2 rut.

------------------
Into the fire, I'm reunited.

Love,
Emily


Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers
madonna's child is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 10:03 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
sulawesigirl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,416
Local Time: 05:24 PM
It's cyclical to be sure. But what would you expect? There are only so many ways to discuss U2's 20-some year catalogue before getting bored. I think I'll go start a thread about the greatness of AB...oh wait, that was already earlier this week, dammit. Well if nothing else, we always need a thread where someone comes up with the novel concept that U2 has "sold out". That's an original one.
sulawesigirl4 is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 10:59 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
zooropamanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Smile, you're reading my post
Posts: 6,515
Local Time: 08:24 AM
Salomey, i think maddie has the hots for you.

------------------
*I am a cowgirl of funk*
zooropamanda is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 02:04 PM   #11
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,042
Local Time: 11:24 PM
what gave you that idea?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it
Salome is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 02:07 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
wertsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: on a country road...
Posts: 4,752
Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Well if nothing else, we always need a thread where someone comes up with the novel concept that U2 has "sold out". That's an original one.
Grrr...I know you were kidding, but I hate that..."sold out." grrr...



------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com
wertsie is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 02:27 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
sulawesigirl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,416
Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by wertsie:
Grrr...I know you were kidding, but I hate that..."sold out." grrr...
oh as do I, but I am continually amused by the proliferation of posts where people seem to think they have come up with this shocking new theory. C'est la vie, I suppose.
sulawesigirl4 is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 04:04 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
SicilianGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Smiley Land ?
Posts: 4,462
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Guess what MBH, Salome doesnt have to explain to anyone why he closed the thread. You seemed to start picking on him from the beginning of his comments, so I'm sure he got fed up with your back talk and closed the thread. If you want to bitch about DMB go to a DMB forum and do it, or go post in Lemonade Stand. Salome, I and the other mods/admins moderate from our own spare time to help out Elvis and the U2 community. There's no need to have bitching threads about other bands in EYKIW.

If you continue to have a problem with it feel free to email myself or Elvis. If not, let it rest.

Thanks.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over


Sicy's Website
SicilianGoddess is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 05:02 PM   #15
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,042
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mad1:
and wanna smoochy coochy roochy poochy a bumble-beddy withy in the morny on the fieldy of the water and grainy stones achy
my ball loves days like that

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it
Salome is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 05:20 PM   #16
MBH
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: wantagh, ny usa
Posts: 392
Local Time: 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
MBH, quit yer whining and leave Salome alone for godsake.
Good advice and, if you are personal friends with Salome, then I commend you for supporting him. However, the note was not addressed to you, therefore it really doesn't concern you...thanks.

[This message has been edited by MBH (edited 04-18-2002).]
MBH is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 05:25 PM   #17
MBH
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: wantagh, ny usa
Posts: 392
Local Time: 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Guess what MBH, Salome doesnt have to explain to anyone why he closed the thread. You seemed to start picking on him from the beginning of his comments, so I'm sure he got fed up with your back talk and closed the thread. If you want to bitch about DMB go to a DMB forum and do it, or go post in Lemonade Stand. Salome, I and the other mods/admins moderate from our own spare time to help out Elvis and the U2 community. There's no need to have bitching threads about other bands in EYKIW.

If you continue to have a problem with it feel free to email myself or Elvis. If not, let it rest.

Thanks.

Fair enough. However, if you carefully read my original post, it WAS NOT a slight at DMB or their fans. It was a light anecdote that I wanted to share with everyone. The thread BECAME a post full of bitching and negativity b/c of other people.

By the way, I recently checked out a DMB website in order to compare it to this one. I was surprised at how strict and conservative that they were in regard to their rules and regulations. I am glad that this site is much more open-minded and flexible.....I hope that doesn't change.
MBH is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 05:44 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
SicilianGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Smiley Land ?
Posts: 4,462
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MBH:
Fair enough. However, if you carefully read my original post, it WAS NOT a slight at DMB or their fans. It was a light anecdote that I wanted to share with everyone. The thread BECAME a post full of bitching and negativity b/c of other people.


I realize that fighting and negativity may not have been your intention, but the majority of threads about other bands compared to U2 in any way usually turn into a squable, especially dmb and Creed. Its usually inevitable. I personally am tired of reading about them in this forum. Like I said, I dont have any problems with threads of such being posted in Lemonade Stand. That's one of the reasons why I ( and the other mods ) are here.. to make sure threads are posted in the correct forums.

Quote:
By the way, I recently checked out a DMB website in order to compare it to this one. I was surprised at how strict and conservative that they were in regard to their rules and regulations. I am glad that this site is much more open-minded and flexible.....I hope that doesn't change.
Yes see.. we are not all big bad wolves over here. I try to be as fair as possible.



------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over


Sicy's Website
SicilianGoddess is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 10:48 PM   #19
War Child
 
U2One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 707
Local Time: 05:24 PM
hmmm, don't you just love it when you post about something but people respond about something else.....

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01
U2One is offline  
Old 04-19-2002, 01:49 AM   #20
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,042
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2One:
hmmm, don't you just love it when you post about something but people respond about something else.....

I hate that even more then people starting threads in the wrong forum



------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it
__________________

Salome is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×