Amidst all the other talk of U2 albums.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
i was listening to Can't Help Falling In Love live from the Zoo TV concerts and it's fucking amazing. it would've been kinda cool if they played it with a fan on the elevation tour like they did for knocking on heaven's door, people get ready, etc. just a thought

by the way, when U2 isn't on tour or about to release some new material this forum gets kinda dull....no offense to anyone

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

Originally posted by U2One:

by the way, when U2 isn't on tour or about to release some new material this forum gets kinda dull....no offense to anyone

Yes, thats why three-quarters of the peeps have either left for good or arent coming back til U2 shovel their arses off the floor!

smile.gif

this forum gets kinda dull....no offense to anyone
I like 'dull'
'annoying' is where I draw the line

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Achy looky its Salomy the biggy miggy muggy huggy wuggy oggy that I wuvvy and wanna smoochy coochy roochy poochy a bumble-beddy withy in the morny on the fieldy of the water and grainy stones achy, pully Salomy's cheeksies into brighty reddy pulpies, ya big squeezy squashy noshy yoshy cutie funny falooney squooby sqinky squalotus bambotus rucksacked ramblin bum-bon cute rootin pompal pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and thats just his ball)

biggrin.gif

You should write Greeting Card inserts. That was inspired.

------------------
Lately I'm sure, words won't implore you to stay

Yeah, I read through the threads in EYKIW everyday, but I don't post a lot. We're in a bit of a U2 rut.

------------------
Into the fire, I'm reunited.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

It's cyclical to be sure. But what would you expect? There are only so many ways to discuss U2's 20-some year catalogue before getting bored.
wink.gif
I think I'll go start a thread about the greatness of AB...oh wait, that was already earlier this week, dammit.
tongue.gif
Well if nothing else, we always need a thread where someone comes up with the novel concept that U2 has "sold out". That's an original one.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Well if nothing else, we always need a thread where someone comes up with the novel concept that U2 has "sold out". That's an original one.
biggrin.gif

Grrr...I know you were kidding, but I hate that..."sold out." grrr...

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by wertsie:
Grrr...I know you were kidding, but I hate that..."sold out." grrr...

oh as do I, but I am continually amused by the proliferation of posts where people seem to think they have come up with this shocking new theory. C'est la vie, I suppose.

Guess what MBH, Salome doesnt have to explain to anyone why he closed the thread. You seemed to start picking on him from the beginning of his comments, so I'm sure he got fed up with your back talk and closed the thread. If you want to bitch about DMB go to a DMB forum and do it, or go post in Lemonade Stand. Salome, I and the other mods/admins moderate from our own spare time to help out Elvis and the U2 community. There's no need to have bitching threads about other bands in EYKIW.

If you continue to have a problem with it feel free to email myself or Elvis. If not, let it rest.

Thanks.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by mad1:
and wanna smoochy coochy roochy poochy a bumble-beddy withy in the morny on the fieldy of the water and grainy stones achy
my ball loves days like that

------------------
Salome

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
MBH, quit yer whining and leave Salome alone for godsake.

Good advice and, if you are personal friends with Salome, then I commend you for supporting him. However, the note was not addressed to you, therefore it really doesn't concern you...thanks.

[This message has been edited by MBH (edited 04-18-2002).]

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Guess what MBH, Salome doesnt have to explain to anyone why he closed the thread. You seemed to start picking on him from the beginning of his comments, so I'm sure he got fed up with your back talk and closed the thread. If you want to bitch about DMB go to a DMB forum and do it, or go post in Lemonade Stand. Salome, I and the other mods/admins moderate from our own spare time to help out Elvis and the U2 community. There's no need to have bitching threads about other bands in EYKIW.

If you continue to have a problem with it feel free to email myself or Elvis. If not, let it rest.

Thanks.

Fair enough. However, if you carefully read my original post, it WAS NOT a slight at DMB or their fans. It was a light anecdote that I wanted to share with everyone. The thread BECAME a post full of bitching and negativity b/c of other people.

By the way, I recently checked out a DMB website in order to compare it to this one. I was surprised at how strict and conservative that they were in regard to their rules and regulations. I am glad that this site is much more open-minded and flexible.....I hope that doesn't change.

Originally posted by MBH:
Fair enough. However, if you carefully read my original post, it WAS NOT a slight at DMB or their fans. It was a light anecdote that I wanted to share with everyone. The thread BECAME a post full of bitching and negativity b/c of other people.

I realize that fighting and negativity may not have been your intention, but the majority of threads about other bands compared to U2 in any way usually turn into a squable, especially dmb and Creed. Its usually inevitable. I personally am tired of reading about them in this forum. Like I said, I dont have any problems with threads of such being posted in Lemonade Stand. That's one of the reasons why I ( and the other mods ) are here.. to make sure threads are posted in the correct forums.

By the way, I recently checked out a DMB website in order to compare it to this one. I was surprised at how strict and conservative that they were in regard to their rules and regulations. I am glad that this site is much more open-minded and flexible.....I hope that doesn't change.

Yes see.. we are not all big bad wolves over here.
wink.gif
I try to be as fair as possible.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

hmmm, don't you just love it when you post about something but people respond about something else.....

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

hmmm, don't you just love it when you post about something but people respond about something else.....

I hate that even more then people starting threads in the wrong forum

------------------
Salome

Originally posted by Salome:
this forum gets kinda dull....no offense to anyone
I like 'dull'
'annoying' is where I draw the line

This is in response to you closing a thread that I started entitled, "DMB fans are spoiled!"

Well, yes, apparently you do like dull because chances are you are a dull person to have the time and effort to close someone else's thread. The thread did not have any vulgarities, racist remarks or anything of such a nature. It also made a comparision to U2 and therefore could have and should have stayed open in this forum. Instead, you had to close it. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF YOU CLOSING THE THREAD?

I do not see one. If monitoring threads on a U2 website is an enjoyable necessity in life for you, then fine. I feel sorry for you.....by the way, you do not draw the line at annoying. In fact, you cross it since--in this case---you have certainly annoyed me.

-MBH

Originally posted by MBH:
This is in response to you closing a thread that I started entitled, "DMB fans are spoiled!"

Well, yes, apparently you do like dull because chances are you are a dull person to have the time and effort to close someone else's thread. The thread did not have any vulgarities, racist remarks or anything of such a nature. It also made a comparision to U2 and therefore could have and should have stayed open in this forum. Instead, you had to close it. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF YOU CLOSING THE THREAD?

I do not see one. If monitoring threads on a U2 website is an enjoyable necessity in life for you, then fine. I feel sorry for you.....by the way, you do not draw the line at annoying. In fact, you cross it since--in this case---you have certainly annoyed me.

-MBH

hmmm, last time I checked, the purpose of having a moderator on a U2 website IS to monitor the threads...

Originally posted by Salome:

I hate that even more then people starting threads in the wrong forum

Go figure....

Just messin' with ya...
Hope you have a nice weekend!!!

-MBH

thank you very much for pointing out some people probably can't stand me
every human being needs to hear something like that once in a while

------------------
Salome

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 04-20-2002).]

Sally i Dont tink its that they just can't 'stand' you, me tinks some pple prob feel annoyed that ur wee selfy has the authority to close/move/blah blah treads........which I can understand u doing......prob more annoyin that the 'mad essentials strange possessed' of the forum get away wit' ya get?.......................nuttin to worry about cause Ms Maddie lavs ya!!!!

biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom