American Idol: Would Bono Win?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy said:

Please try not to use racial words here like 'faggot'.
Some members may get offended.

Thanks.

I agree with the sentiment, but "faggot" isn't a racist term.

I think Bono would do quite well on American Idol...that boy can sing.

phommel said:

Maybe a rule can be added to the forum. A rule about not using this sentence...wraargh...sorry

Now that WOULD be censorship.
THAT'S MY 2PENCE WORTH ANYWAY!!!:lmao:

This is a little off topic - but not much! Remember a couple (?) of years ago some man (boy?) in some country (Sweden?) won the World Idol and he sang "Beautiful Day"? Does anyone remember that?? I never heard him sing it buy my friends say he sounded just like Bono! Does anyone know where I can hear that?

Bono, and U2, would have been outright rejected in their early days. American Idol isn't looking for the next new thing, they're looking for repeats of what already sells. It would be a lot more interesting to take a chance on something different. Anyone unique, individual and marching to a different drummer gets told that they need to change their look and sound- to something that already sells. This is why I hate the show and the entire concept.

vlasak said:
This is a little off topic - but not much! Remember a couple (?) of years ago some man (boy?) in some country (Sweden?) won the World Idol and he sang "Beautiful Day"? Does anyone remember that?? I never heard him sing it buy my friends say he sounded just like Bono! Does anyone know where I can hear that?

His name is Kurt Nilsen. He is from Norway. This is a good site to download his World Idol performance (video). You can switch to audio from category.

http://www.kurtnilsenmedia.com/port...wnloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=4#categorystart

He also sang Stuck In A Moment and One.
Hope it works. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom