American Idol - discuss Bono and/or your donation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So what's that? No Bono on AI? No photos, no videos, no duets with dead people?
That must have been some show. But I am glad that they raised a lot of money. I hope many many people have signed up to the ONE campaign.

He was on a pre-recorded segment with the 6 contestants, then a message to the viewers at home. Then the 6 finalists performed 'American Prayer'.

Bono's bit was short but sweet, more importantly it was straight to point.

good job to the people who have donated and to those who signed up to the One Campaign :up:

I loved the African Childrens' Choir, that was my favorite segment. The Bono segment was barely there, just personally after I saw the segment on those two kids living alone in the one room shack Bono's status as a sellout or non sellout by being on AI was the furthest thing from my mind.

Yes some of it was very cheesy but they raised quite a bit of money. It really wasn't all that different from most other televised telethons- except for Paula Abdul's situationally inappropriate mega cleavage :wink:

All I have to say about the show last night is, TGFF (thank God for fast forward)!! The Celine Dion/Elvis bit was worth watching for the bizarreness of it... and the 2 minutes of Bono at the end. Josh Groban with the African children was good also. If this was anyone's first experience watching Idol, it definitely was not a good one.

Last edited:
last unicorn said:
So what's that? No Bono on AI? No photos, no videos, no duets with dead people?
That must have been some show. But I am glad that they raised a lot of money. I hope many many people have signed up to the ONE campaign.

On Feb, 28, 2,425,900 people have been signed up.
Today it's 2,429,761, so it's just 3861 people in two months. :(

What does that mean? U2 need to do another tour, soon. :)

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i didn't think that song could get worse.

i was wrong.
I like the song, it fits the occassion very well.
But I prefer it with Bono singing.

Cheesy and all, that's okay, it's the way charitiy programs on TV always are and have to be.

The Celine/Elvis bit was verrrry bizarre. Couldn't they find a living person who wanted to sing with her?

In the end, it's all good, B did not perform and his segment was short but good.

The Disciple said:
I was wondering about that when I logged on 2 www.one.org this morning..... I wonder how "real-time" those figures r.... we'll have 2 wait and c.
I heard the website has been down for some time during or after AI aired, some said because many people signed up, so maybe these aren't the real up-to-date figures. I guess there must have been many more who signed up after AI last night. What's good, however, is that there were many donations made.

Josh Groban and the African Kids choir was awesome and made me tear up. Bono's segment was great. I like Carrie Underwoods song. Celine and Elvis yeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhh WTF was that.

martha said:
I'm so glad I was watching the Angels kick Tampa Bay's ass instead.

We know.

You only posted in the other thread like, 22 times to let us know you wouldn't be watching AI.

I enjoyed the show. It was funny, moving, there were some good performances by people I don't usually care about, and it raised money for one of the most important causes out there. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom