American Idol - discuss Bono and/or your donation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:
The One site was overloaded last night and NothingButNets has a tally running so you can see how many nets are being purchased. It went up thousands.

This is so great! I am so proud of Bono!
He even gave himself a jab when he said something like, I can't remember exactly how he put it but he was mentioning how the ONE Campaign brings all sorts of people together from all walks of life, even an Irish rock star on a pop idol show. wink wink
I thought that was cool. He recognized that this was bigger than his pride. Bono is just the classiest. :drool: :rockon: :cool:

By BrownEyedBoy, It couldn't have gotten cheesier even if it had been produced by the Saved By The Bell producers.
:lol: I've seen all the episodes of saved by the bell probably twice or more :eek: :reject: but I missed AI last night
GrumpyWife.gif
the people I've been working for hijacked me even after I told them I had to get home, I didn't tell them it was because Bono was on AI though and it looks like I didn't miss much anyway, but it's good that he did that for Africa and the other causes :heart:

Although I've watched my fair share of AI, he's way too good and cool to sing on that show, but I thought Gwen Stefani and Prince were too :drool: Bono's way far more cool than dorky :drool:

Last edited:
I bought the Kelly Clarkson/Jeff Beck download on iTunes.

I thought Bono himself was an island of sincerity in a deep pool of cheesiness. But American Prayer can go back in the closet until the next charity concert, IMO.

silvrlvr said:
I bought the Kelly Clarkson/Jeff Beck download on iTunes.

She was the best part of the show, if you ask me. But I clicked on the "Idol Gives Back" thing on iTunes, and it's not available. What the hell, iTunes?

I was a little surprised that Bono's segment was so short. The whole show was a little bit of a mess, but they've raised a lot of money already, so good for them.

Camel toe actually gets its name from women who wear socks with flip flops (or thongs as we called them when I was little, except thongs have a different meaning now.) But it applies in this instance, too.

You know what? I'm an idiot. I meant to buy Kelly Clarkson and I ended up with Carrie Underwood's "I'll Stand By You." I guess you can't return an iTune, huh.

Speaking of Jeff Beck, didn't he look like he was kind of phoning it in? I think he's a terrific artist but he didn't seem into it.

Ehhh i didnt need to see that.

Not to sound dumb, but does anyone know exactly how they did that elvis bit with celine? i actually thought it was pretty cool, mostly because it was elvis but still.

$60 million and counting? Wow. And hey, if Bono's two minutes onscreen got 70,000 signatures, that's awesome.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I imagine it would be painful, too :huh:

The last time I wore them was when I lived in Japan four years ago. They're called tabi socks, and you wear them with the Japanese clogs called geta. But the socks are made especially with a split in them so you don't give your toes a wedgie.

The best thing about Elvis and the horse was they way it was done. looked quite convincing on youtube anyhow. Her voice severly lacked any passion and was monotone for the most part.
CRINGEWORTHY!!

Back
Top Bottom