Amazon.com Album Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majid23

Acrobat
Did anyone else notice Amazon.com in the US and UK removed the album cover from their site? Maybe U2.com wanted to show it first...

P.S. There was a recent post about the font used for Vertigo...I think it was called Clarendon Medium...Anyways, does anyone have the link to that post?...Thanks

I wasn't convinced it was the real cover. It didn't look very authentic to me. I'm not surprised it's gone.

majid23 said:
Did anyone else notice Amazon.com in the US and UK removed the album cover from their site? Maybe U2.com wanted to show it first...

I am more inclined to believe they withdrew it because it's not actually the cover.

Nobody even CLAIMED it was the album cover. Amazon just put it on their site because they didn't have an official cover from U2.
Plus why would U2 premiere their new album cover on Amazon? Why would they release it this early? Did it occur to anyone that this picture sucks too much to be an album cover?
Some peoples logic processes need some rehauling. For somebody to see this pic and immediately think its the album cover is quite silly. :coocoo:

AussieU2fanman said:
Nobody even CLAIMED it was the album cover. Amazon just put it on their site because they didn't have an official cover from U2.
Plus why would U2 premiere their new album cover on Amazon? Why would they release it this early? Did it occur to anyone that this picture sucks too much to be an album cover?
Some peoples logic processes need some rehauling. For somebody to see this pic and immediately think its the album cover is quite silly. :coocoo:

The other fan sites jumped the gun on the cover......It looks more like a calendar pic

Someone who actually saw the cover weeks ago stated that the cover showed the boys sitting, which the Amazon picture did... Logic processes?!? :madspit: It looks like an album cover, whether you like the picture or not. I guess time will tell...

Of course it looks like an album cover, it has the name on it and a pic of u2. It's just a very half-assed photoshop job from Amazon, the real cover takes much more time to do than this. And they wouldn't release it, what, 2 months before the album is due? (I doubt this, 'someone' you speak of has seen the cover, I doubt U2 has finished it yet, let alone premiere it on Amazon).
Whatever, it's not the album cover, at least everyone knows that by now.

AussieU2fanman said:
Of course it looks like an album cover, it has the name on it and a pic of u2. It's just a very half-assed photoshop job from Amazon, the real cover takes much more time to do than this. And they wouldn't release it, what, 2 months before the album is due? (I doubt this, 'someone' you speak of has seen the cover, I doubt U2 has finished it yet, let alone premiere it on Amazon).
Whatever, it's not the album cover, at least everyone knows that by now.

never thought it was.......

You can bet the album cover would be done by now.
There's a million other associated things that take their design cue from the cover design.

I'd bet the cover has been finalised for some time now. It's not like it only takes a week to do these things....

I would have loved that to be the album cover. Could it be better? Maybe, but the pic itself of the band is classic. Still, I never believed it was the album cover because even though their slow, we would have had an official report from the "exclusive" u2.com on the artwork by now.

Chill Aussie...It's just an album cover!...lol Just pointing out that Amazon took it off. :huh:

RademR said:
the pic itself of the band is classic.

I guess so, if you like Edge looking like a stoned perve and think Bono's head looks better squashed ...

What really struck me as weird was that I had just loaded the Amazon page, clicked on the small pic to enlarge it and... nothing... so I went back on my browser and instead of the little pic, got the thing saying "No picture available." Needless to say, I was a bit con-fused....

}:)~

our friend jacobus has been designing covers much better than that in related threads around this forum

Axver said:

I guess so, if you like Edge looking like a stoned perve and think Bono's head looks better squashed ...

Edge looks like a badass, but Bono's head definetly looks squashed.

Never believed that that was the album cover. Still hate it, though.

I thought it was/is? the album cover because I remember someone saying a while ago the band is sitting on the cover pic.

I hope it isn't, though - it would equal October as their worst cover pic ever.

WHAT! is so bad abot this album cover? I think it's great. The photo reflects the raw rockin and roll feel of the album. The design is simple, but so was ATYCLB, which i think was a good cover. I acctualyl think this was one of their better album covers, well maybe somewhere in the middle. But just because amazon got rid of the pic doens't mean it's NOT the cover, things jsut heppen like that.

do i want this to be the cover? i dont know. If it is, i like it. If it's not, then im sure whatevr else they have planned would be great too. Another thing that makes me believe this is the official cover is that it WASNT promoted as a promo or something other.

but, im rambling and nothing ive said has any impact on anything anyeay, so , yeah, goodbye.

has anyone seen the new NME article that gives their opinion of the new songs?

Back
Top Bottom