Amazing U2 Facts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Val said:

I hear ya. I've read somewhere that Bono went to Paris with his father as a small boy, but now I can't find where I read that to save my life. Did you read that anywhere?
I now write every source down which takes an age.

No, but maybe it was one of the other band members or Paul McGuiness.

Dana

europop2005 said:
Bono is the only man in history to be nominated for a Grammy, Oscar, Golden Globe, and Nobel Prize

That's pretty awesome, no Emmy nom yet?

Re: Re: Re: Amazing U2 Facts

gman said:

Theyre fekin wrecking the environment as......allegedly, similar thing happened on UF tour where, if i remember correctly, I think it was the crowd getting down so much, it set of the earthquake sensors. Think it was belgium. Who would of thought it!!

Yep.. That's correct.. It happened during their show at forest national during the UF tour. It was mentioned after the news on the weather report.

coolian2 said:
The Hewson Family sitcom will start soon enough.

"He's an ageing rock star who cares about Africa....she's a mother of four with charity commitments...."

...and their crazy knit capped neighbor! oh the hillarity!

Blue Room said:

Actually "A Sort Of Homecoming" isnt live at a concert. They recorded it at a soundcheck and added the audience noise in for the EP. Or was it "Bad"? I dont remember for sure, but one of them was from soundcheck.

It was a Sort of Homecoming - I read that last night in U2 Documentary

Actually, that was 150,000, though I've read that it's likely more people managed to sneak in.

:D definately more people. 150 is the "official" figure, but McGuiness has always had a row with Italian promoters about ticket sales and tour merchandise

The guitar in the Discoteque video (the mirrorball Les Paul) is the heaviest Les Paul ever made

europop2005 said:
The guitar in the Discoteque video (the mirrorball Les Paul) is the heaviest Les Paul ever made

wow never knew that, how heavy ?

A gibo guitar is heavy enuff at the best of times (its the qualtiy of the wood yer paying for)
Hate to think how heavy that mother musta been

gman said:
A gibo guitar is heavy enuff at the best of times (its the qualtiy of the wood yer paying for)
Hate to think how heavy that mother musta been

heavy as a truck.

u2s version of bad at live aid is the longest they have played a song for in their entire career

(guessing but sounds right)

The PopMart Lemon is in pieces stored in three different warehouses in Belgium. The giant olive and toothpick were revealed to be in storage in Dublin. The Popmart arch had been deconstructed and used to make up portions of the heart shaped stage during the Elevation tour.

prideofzootv said:
u2s version of bad at live aid is the longest they have played a song for in their entire career

(guessing but sounds right)

Not even close. Multiple versions of Bad on the UF Tour were longer, and the same goes for 40.

There is a performance of 40 that is 16:45 long. It took place on 31 January 1985 in Cologne. There's a pretty widely circulated performance of 40 that's 14:57 long from Stockholm a few days earlier, on the 25th.

Back
Top Bottom