Amazing sounding "One Tree Hill" video from Vertigo Tokyo 11/29/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gabrielvox said:
:up:

Excellent job getting Bono's IEM!

I only mixed that video - I downloaded the video and the IEM (don't want to get any praise for the IEM ;))

:wink: That was alright. but I love the link to the Paris Vertigo show! If I was that far back, I could not have even seen anything(too short!:( Anyway, thanks for the link!

holy friggin' crap

well, thats exactly what makes me want to sell all my possessions and be a u2 travelling hobo.

holy crap

whew!

rock n roll doggie!

this is one of the many setlist reasons why I feel that Vertigo was such an exciting tour. I loved the spectacle of POPMART, but the setlist was just so static because of the production.

with Vertigo we got to hear songs I never thought i would hear again. One Tree Hill was at the very top of that list for me.

As well as ELECTRIC CO, WGRYWILDHORSES, GLORIA, AN CAT DUBH / INTO THE HEART, THE OCEAN, RUNNING TO STAND STILL, PARTY GIRL, FAST CARS, 40

and let's not forget those amazing versions of KITE and DISCOTHEQUE that put their previous incarnations to shame.

Clawgrabber said:
whew!

rock n roll doggie!

this is one of the many setlist reasons why I feel that Vertigo was such an exciting tour. I loved the spectacle of POPMART, but the setlist was just so static because of the production.

with Vertigo we got to hear songs I never thought i would hear again. One Tree Hill was at the very top of that list for me.

As well as ELECTRIC CO, WGRYWILDHORSES, GLORIA, AN CAT DUBH / INTO THE HEART, THE OCEAN, RUNNING TO STAND STILL, PARTY GIRL, FAST CARS, 40

and let's not forget those amazing versions of KITE and DISCOTHEQUE that put their previous incarnations to shame.

Seconded

Never did i expect to see U2 live, but i could never have hoped to hear stuff like Kite, One Tree Hill, acoustic Walk On.

I'm going out on a limb and saying best tour for variety.

ntalwar said:
Nice, but do they turn the bass down on it?

Pretty much..even the top of the line IEMs can only handle so much bass, so usually they trim it off a bit in the monitor mix.

The lower end IEMs can't handle any bass at all, they're pretty much useless for any serious live application.

gabrielvox said:

Pretty much..even the top of the line IEMs can only handle so much bass, so usually they trim it off a bit in the monitor mix.

The lower end IEMs can't handle any bass at all, they're pretty much useless for any serious live application.

My earbuds (and even ipod ones) handle a lot more bass than that mix. Some other IEM audio on youtube (e.g. DMB and Springsteen) also had more bass. I think they supplement the bass with the floor monitors.

ntalwar said:

My earbuds (and even ipod ones) handle a lot more bass than that mix. Some other IEM audio on youtube (e.g. DMB and Springsteen) also had more bass. I think they supplement the bass with the floor monitors.

Youre talking apples to oranges really, your ipod earbuds don't stand a chance at giving you any sort of decent monitoring in the context that U2 plays in. Not sure if you play in a large scale band/music production, but it's far different when you're onstage and you've got the amount of house volume they do..when I said 'handle', I don't mean that they can't literally handle some bass coming thru the drivers, what I mean is that in the lower end IEMs any real amount of bass tends to muddy the other frequencies and really makes the overall mix, especially the vocal component, unlistenable - note: Bono would't be using a low-quality IEM, by a long shot...so I'm not saying this is why their appears to be less bass in this mix...But then again, it could just be simply that they wanted less bass frequencies in their mix, that's all :shrug:

Last edited:
gabrielvox said:

But then again, it could just be simply that they wanted less bass frequencies in their mix, that's all :shrug:

That's what I was thinking, since other IEM stuff I've heard has more bass, and they probably have the bass running through the floor monitors.

:up: and dont forget...each band member has a different mix, so maybe Bono likes his mix like that...I've got a recording that I'm pretty sure is Larry's, and it sounds very different, Edge is not very loud at all in it...different musicians hear/like different things..i

ntalwar said:

That's what I was thinking, since other IEM stuff I've heard has more bass, and they probably have the bass running through the floor monitors.

or whoever recorded this used cheap crappy gear. I'm 100% sure thats the case here. :wink:

Wow that's great! Really great. I wish they'd play it more. I'm also suprised at how great Bono sounds. Great power and passion in his voice here. Didn't know he had it in him. The solo is also great.

Japan is awesome too. Nice place to play it.

This is just too cool.

Last edited:
OTH from Auckland on the 24th was magical. I'm still waiting for video of that full show to pop up....:faint:

Back
Top Bottom