AMAAW = Plagiate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addicted To Bad said:
... U2 DO NOT need any kind of influence. They have been always on their own...

This is heresy! U2 have been influenced by all sorts of music genre and artist and they influence others in return. What do you think, that they live in a soundproofed glasshouse with no radio and no tv??? Bono is the first person who tells you what facts influenced his lyrics and who did they draw inspiration for their music, go back and watch Rattle & Hum again please.
Music, like any other kind of art is always influenced by what happens/ed in the world and saying that U2 have always been "on their own" means not understanding very much about them, sorry. moreover, there is only a limited number of notes on the pentagram, it's very easy to draw pieces from here and there. (=> watch this and laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM )

oh, and re: U2 not taking inspiration from the sorts of George Michael, can I remind you that they re-did One with Mary J Blige????

A Man and a Woman steals the bassline directly from Endless Deep. U2 stealing from themselves!? Talk about stealing from the thieves!

edurban said:

This is heresy! U2 have been influenced by all sorts of music genre and artist and they influence others in return. What do you think, that they live in a soundproofed glasshouse with no radio and no tv??? Bono is the first person who tells you what facts influenced his lyrics and who did they draw inspiration for their music, go back and watch Rattle & Hum again please.
Music, like any other kind of art is always influenced by what happens/ed in the world and saying that U2 have always been "on their own" means not understanding very much about them, sorry. moreover, there is only a limited number of notes on the pentagram, it's very easy to draw pieces from here and there. (=> watch this and laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM )

oh, and re: U2 not taking inspiration from the sorts of George

Michael, can I remind you that they re-did One with Mary J

Blige????

As I said before I can´t discuss with you all about "tunes" just because I love U2 songs just the way they are without comparing theirs songs/tunes with others. OK, maybe I should say that U2 "don´t need to plagiarize" instead of " they are not influenced by...."
I prefer to believe in coincidence of notes on the pentagram. :wink:

Actually I can say I´ve been influenced by some people here, some in a positive way, others.... Who´s not ?? :eyebrow:

gvox said:

How the fuck is that in any way relevant?!? :mad:

:huh: Let's keep our level of agression down, shall we, gvox!? :|

I was merely referring to the fact that Bono&co. do not limit themselves to liking/doing rock'n roll, as somebody here said something like: "U2 inspired by Goerge Michael? for xxx sake!" as it would be impossible to think. Everything is possible. :lol:

p.s. Faith rocks, by the way!

Addicted To Bad said:

Have you not read my reply? Your own reply to my post was measured and intelligent and showed you were agreeing with me but saying that you see U2 as a single entity for what they represent for you. I do as well.

Now, the thumbs up to gvox's free agression is rude.

Maybe I´ve lived in a "Fairy Tale World" since then or the word "PLAGIATE" (in terms of U2) is too crap for me...:hmm:

anyway I still prefer to think that this is really NOT Bono´s business at all !

OR... it´s something like:

:edge: - " Oh!! Bono... what about this tune?? Does it sound good for you ?? ... er..Does it sound familiar ..??

:bono: - " Yeah... good! Let´s put the same tune in our new song... You know..nobody´s gonna notice.. After all, the goal is soul, isn´t it ??? " :huh:

Addicted To Bad said:
... U2 DO NOT need any kind of influence. They have been always on their own...

George Michael influence ?? For God´s sake!!!:tsk:

(Am I wrong... or deaf?? :scratch: :huh:

I shall re-quote what you posted, maybe it was not clear to me because English is my second language, but you were speaking about "influence" not plagiarism (I don't know where you found the word "plagiate" people, is it a verb? a noun? it certainly does not exist in the Oxford English Dictionary!!), and to the word "influence" I reacted. If I misunderstood you, if by "influence" you meant "plagiarism", well, sorry.
:|
I never implied that U2 plagiarize (verb) their songs, hell no! BUT they get influenced but what is around them like anybody else.

edurban said:

Have you not read my reply? Your own reply to my post was measured and intelligent and showed you were agreeing with me but saying that you see U2 as a single entity for what they represent for you. I do as well.

Now, the thumbs up to gvox's free agression is rude.

I still agree with you... but I don´t think Gvox´s quote was rude anyway...:rolleyes: just a kind of "support" to my argument...:laugh:

I should say: different points of view... :yes:

edurban said:

I shall re-quote what you posted, maybe it was not clear to me because English is my second language, but you were speaking about "influence" not plagiarism (I don't know where you found the word "plagiate" people, is it a verb? a noun? it certainly does not exist in the Oxford English Dictionary!!), and to the word "influence" I reacted. If I misunderstood you, if by "influence" you meant "plagiarism", well, sorry.
:|
I never implied that U2 plagiarize (verb) their songs, hell no! BUT they get influenced but what is around them like anybody else.

I just got this weird word PLAGIATE from this thread´s name ´cause this word doesn´t exist EVEN in my dictionary (only plagiarize)...:confused:

Call me picky, for me saying that "U2 DO NOT need any kind of influence" is denying their musical history.

BTW, can I say that I did not even listen to the incriminated "tune", I was just picking on your statement. I would never think that U2 lifted a chorus off GM, I was just pointing out (by the means of my reference to Mary J Blige, GVOX!) that they are not impartial to popular music.

elevated_u2_fan said:
5 stars for this thread

You didn't rate it yet! :mad: :wink:

Georgie should guest star with U2 on their next album. That would be hot! He has an excellent voice that matches or even surpasses Bono's in some cases...

oh now I've done it.

Errr.... no, I am renting mine. He owns his. Mine has only one bedroom, his probably at least six. I have a Ford Focus, he had a BMW Z4, a big SUV with obscured glass and possibly a Bentley and God knows what else which he can't drive at the moment because it's been banned for 18 months for driving under the influence.

BUT, I spend my "romantic moments" indoors, he does it outside :giggle:

London is weird, you can live next door to the stars that paid 12 millions for their hous with view over the council estate you live in :lol:

Annie Lennox lives one door closer to me as well.

Please tell him I said "hi," and that I love Praying For Time and his cover of Somebody to Love.

And then tell him that U2 did not rip off his song. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom