am i wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No one ever even mentioned ATYCLB until you brought it up. There's no way to come to any conclustion about that.

Passengers is pretty cool and off the wall

AND PASSENGERS IS A U2 PROJECT. At least as much as, if not more so than She's A Mystery To Me, or North and South of The River, or I'm Not Your Baby, or 2 Shots of Happy, 1 Shot of Sad, When Love Comes To Town, Love Rescue Me, The Wanderer, etc.

Or watch the interview with Bono and Larry on Lettermen during the PopMart tour when Bono explains that they intended to release Passengers as a U2 album, but wiser heads prevailed, and goes on to explain that it would have only been two years between albums instead of four, but they might not have had any fans left

Lancemc said:
No one ever even mentioned ATYCLB until you brought it up. There's no way to come to any conclustion about that.

I know you can be smarter than that...

Read the posts from the traditional ATYCLB deffenders. Read what they say. You know who they are. And they are representative of the ppl who loves that album.

Capisce?

starsforu2 said:
but I do recommend the Heat Soundtrack version of Always Forever Now. I like it better than the album version. And yes, it's different and about 30 seconds longer!

Oh? I'll have to track that down then. I quite like the album version, along with Slug, One Minute Warning, Theme from Lets Go Native..... :drool:

i dont like passengers. miss sarajevo is alright, your blue room is alright, the rest i dont plan on listening to for awhile...

"One Minute Warning" rules!!!

the ending just takes me away to a very dark and mysterious place. U2 need to have more moments like that again.

It's a very...interesting CD, yeah. I don't hate it, it's just a very different listening experience, is all. But I know it was meant to be all experimental and bizarre, so...

My personal favorite songs off of there: "Miss Sarajevo", "Your Blue Room", "Elvis Ate America" (that song just amuses me, for some reason-maybe it's the type of music they use in it), "Slug", and "Corpse" (although I remember hearing that song late one night, and yeah...it creeped me out big time. I was looking out my window and thinking to myself, okay, if I see some zombie or ghost walking slowly toward my house dragging some chains with them...I'm outta here. LOL).

Angela

You know, I just the other day listened to the Passengers album for the first time. I had previously only heard Your Blue Room and Miss Sarajevo, which I loved to begin with. My favorite is SLUG!!!!!!

I think the generalization is fair, as long as we're saying it's a generalization. That's the point. It's not an absolute. But I think we can all agree that Passengers and ATYCLB are polar opposites in U2's recording history; they're farther apart than probably any two other U2 efforts.

So unless you're someone who appreciates (to a certain extent) ALL of U2's work (and many of us, myself included, would claim this), you're likely to gravitate toward one or the other.

I think it's really fair to say that people who are HUGE fans of one are probably not huge fans of the other. There are always exceptions, people who love both or dislike both, but I agree.

laz

Fantastic album and I do like to see it as a part of the U2 collection although it is not officially.

Everything is great except for Ito Okashi in my opinion.

My top 5 tracks:

1. your blue room
2. lets go native
3. slug
4. a different kind of blue
5. corpse

Back
Top Bottom