Am I on the wrong board?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: You are on the right board ...

jick said:
This board is designed to expose U2's failures and successes. Pop just happens to be one of the few failures we can actually discuss about.

Cheers,

J

Why does it always come back to Pop with you? You've only been here for a short time but you've devoted alot of those posts to pointing out that Pop sucked. I love Pop but I don't care if other people don't...we all know who does and doesn't like it around here so why constantly bring it up?

Bono's American Wife said:

Why does it always come back to Pop with you? You've only been here for a short time but you've devoted alot of those posts to pointing out that Pop sucked. I love Pop but I don't care if other people don't...we all know who does and doesn't like it around here so why constantly bring it up?

Thank you.

Jick, I respect your opinion but I don't need to have it constantly hurled at me. I also take issue with your tendency to state your opinions as fact. POP is *not* empirically a failure so please stop talking about it as if were.

even when i said it was the bears, i knew it was the immigrants.

Tip Top Prince said:
So hard to believe?

ummm...yes.
does your wife know this?
better yet, does bono know you're not his only number one?

Nope ...

Scarletwine said:
:down: Because "J" got tired os dissing it on Wire, so he came here to start the same negative shit.

I just discovered this message board less than a week ago. Someone emailed me about this forum and told me of all the indoctrination going on here. So I felt it was my duty as a U2 fan to join this board and right the wrongs. The other U2 lists I am part of are in the Yahoogroups - 3 of them actually. And you won't see many POP discussions there anymore even if I participate often simply because they people there have been freed of the indoctrinations and false information about U2.

Cheers,

J

J can't help himself when it comes to Pop, he truly dislikes it, and he's entitled to his own opinion. Sure, even I, a 15+ year, devoted fan of U2 feel that Pop isn't the greatest album, but it's still a good album. Classic, maybe not, but still a good album none-the-less.

For those of you who don't know J, try not to get too wrapped up in the negativity he can sometimes spew. If you get to the meat of his posts, they can be on target or near.......but not everytime.

Tip Top Prince said:

Yes.:love:
I am devoted to both.
I am faithful to both.
I love them both for who they are.

So hard to believe?

:up: I totally get what you're saying, Tip Top Prince.

I think of U2 as like members of my family. I can't help it. I've never met any of them and don't know if I ever will, but their music is an important part of my life. It has helped me through some really difficult times.

That being said, I would never say something to my mom along the lines of, "Mom, that dress you're wearing looks hideous! You'd better go change it right now if you don't want to look like a complete idiot!" Rather, I might say, "Hey, Mom, that dress you were wearing the other day looked much better on you than the one you're wearing now."

Re: even when i said it was the bears, i knew it was the immigrants.

kobayashi said:

ummm...yes.
does your wife know this?
better yet, does bono know you're not his only number one?
My wife knows.

I couldn't break the news to Bono. It would break his heart. ;)

Tonight, I asked my wife if I could marry Electrical Storm. She said no..... selfish bitch. :D

Re: Nope ...

jick said:

I just discovered this message board less than a week ago. Someone emailed me about this forum and told me of all the indoctrination going on here. So I felt it was my duty as a U2 fan to join this board and right the wrongs. The other U2 lists I am part of are in the Yahoogroups - 3 of them actually. And you won't see many POP discussions there anymore even if I participate often simply because they people there have been freed of the indoctrinations and false information about U2.

Cheers,

J

So everyone who likes POP and doesn't view it as an unadulterated failure has been indoctrinated? And you somehow feel it is your duty to "reeducate" all of us misguided POP fans as to the true, crappy nature of POP? Please spare me. I don't like POP because U2 or other POP fans somehow implanted a false notion in my brain that it rocks. I like POP because one day (long after POP was released) I picked up the album, listened to it, and thought to myself "this album rocks." So don't tell me I've been indoctrinated just because I love an album you hate.

Also, I believe I've said this before, but please don't state your opinion as fact. It would also be nice if you didn't accuse others of being wrong simply because they don't agree with you. Don't you have better things to do than troll around on message boards lambasting people for their opinions?

Re: Nope ...

jick said:

Cheers,

J

Indoctrinations? Right the wrongs? Your ego is astounding. If there is one thing that really gets under my skin, its an elitist U2 fan who thinks their own level of knowledge and understanding of the band is above everyone else's.

Re: Re: even when i said it was the bears, i knew it was the immigrants.

Tip Top Prince said:

My wife knows.

I couldn't break the news to Bono. It would break his heart. ;)

Tonight, I asked my wife if I could marry Electrical Storm. She said no..... selfish bitch. :D

i dont care what the cause, you dont ever call your wife a bitch!

what the hell is she doing with you anyway?

jick, could you be any more cockier or...

just a word of advice. i already pissed on the walls here, ive marked my territory. if you want to be a prick you will find yourself quickly banned.

bye bye.

You're Wire J?

bwahahahahahaha why did i bother?
I should have known.
Silly Manda
welcome to interland, pop4ever

Cowgirl said:
You're Wire J?
welcome to interland,

Welcome J, to where you are not allowed to hate this album without being attacked! Look what they've done to me! I do appreciate your courage and intelligent, insighful remarks. Please don't give up or shut up or leave. Too many already have. Stick around, we need SOME balance in the force!

GypsyHeartgirl said:

Welcome J, to where you are not allowed to hate this album without being attacked! Look what they've done to me! I do appreciate your courage and intelligent, insighful remarks. Please don't give up or shut up or leave. Too many already have. Stick around, we need SOME balance in the force!

Well...I think there's a difference between disliking something and complaining about it just to piss people off, which seems to be what J is doing...

wertsie said:

Well...I think there's a difference between disliking something and complaining about it just to piss people off, which seems to be what J is doing...

Exactly. And there's also a difference between expressing an opinion and accusing those who don't share that opinion of being 'indoctrinated.'

Last edited:
My Avatar is really mad right now

:rant::rant::rant::rant:

Go read the fucking happy birthday interference thread and shut the hell up, and that goes for everyone. :yell:

Is this a topic really worth fighting over?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sorry for the rant/language, but this is really completely and udderly stupid. This fighting is pointless, we all know where everyone stands on these issues.

Stop beating a dead horse people.

There...I vented I feel better.

Last edited:
Re: My Avatar is really mad right now

daisybean said:

Is this a topic really worth fighting over?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sorry for the rant/language, but this is really completely and udderly stupid. This fighting is pointless, we all know where everyone stands on these issues.

Stop beating a dead horse people.

Amen! And, if anyone else beats this poor dead horse again, I'm calling PETA, and they'll be hell to pay! :ohmy: ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom