Am I in the minority here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its a decent song I suppose, better than a good number of songs on th album at least anyway.
AtomicBono said:

Peace on Earth...I think I have to be in the right mood to enjoy this song.
Same here, all depends on the mood Im in really.

Some days I quite enjoy the song, others Im not so keen.

I liked this song right from the first time I heard it. And as others have already said, the "Jesus, can you take the time...." lyric is absolutely brilliant. I remember listening to ATYCLB while driving in the car with my dad, and this was the only song he commented on. He said he liked it and asked me to play it again. After that it was easy to convert him into a U2 fan. YES! Mission accomplished! :wink:

the soul waits said:

That specific lyric is a famous quote but I'll be damned if i remember who's it from :banghead: , It's too much Monday for me today.

Anyone?

Do you have a case of the Monday's?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

AtomicBono said:

Love and Peace or Else is a million times better musically, but the lyrics aren't really as bitter. Odd.

Yes! Love and Peace IS impressive musically but not too much more than Peace On Earth, IMO. As typhoon said, POE has got it's own beautiful atmospherics going. Great production! :up: to Eno/Lanois! And the lyrics are definitely better than those of Love And Peace...

They say that what you mock
Will surely overtake you
And you become a monster
So the monster will not break you

btw, all this time I thought it was 'what you want'... which also makes sense though... :reject:

Jesus can you take the time to throw a drowning man a line
Peace on Earth
Tell the ones who hear no sound whose sons are living in the ground
Peace on Earth

I don't think there's even a single weak lyric in this song... something strange for an album like ATYCLB which is full of mediocre lyrics!

Back
Top Bottom