Although HTDAAB is great, what it should have been...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murray

Acrobat
If U2 would have released HTDAAB with the following 11 songs, it may not have been their best selling album to date, but it would be among the best and longest with 5 songs that are 5 minutes or more! What do you think?

1. Mercy
2. Native Son
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4. Xanax and Wine
5. City Of Blinding Lights
6. All Because Of You
7. Original Of The Species
8. Miracle Drug
9. Crumbs From Your Table
10. Love and Peace Or Else
11. Yaweh

INTERNATIONAL BONUS TRACK
12. Smile

Wow, I really would not like that album remotely as much as I love Hut Dab.

I like the album as it is, if anything I would like it to be double CD, with all the stuff that is around from the single, dvd, rare stuff from itunes and Mercy.

native son is shit compared to vertigo.

I agree with you Murray, but I would rather have the album as is, plus all the unreleased material as opposed to just having my top picks on the album. All of the versions are good IMO, I'm happy I get to hear all of them.

Last edited:
I actually like Native Son just as much as vertigo... it's like having a new song.

Like others have said, they should bang out a quick album while on tour...seems to me they have an abundance of great songs as evidenced by the recent itunes songs...and with the ditched "roc" tracks I would imagine they have a decent core for the follow-up already.

Murray said:
If U2 would have released HTDAAB with the following 11 songs, it may not have been their best selling album to date, but it would be among the best and longest with 5 songs that are 5 minutes or more! What do you think?

1. Mercy
2. Native Son
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4. Xanax and Wine
5. City Of Blinding Lights
6. All Because Of You
7. Original Of The Species
8. Miracle Drug
9. Crumbs From Your Table
10. Love and Peace Or Else
11. Yaweh

INTERNATIONAL BONUS TRACK
12. Smile

Mercy, No
Native Son, No
Xanax, Yes
Smile, No
and give me back my a man and a woman, one of my favourites

Re: Re: Although HTDAAB is great, what it should have been...

bcrt2000 said:

Mercy, No
Native Son, No
Xanax, Yes
Smile, No
and give me back my a man and a woman, one of my favourites
Yeah, I'm liking Mercy less and less as time goes on.

Great b-side, certainly, but a lead off track on an LP, don't think so.

Flower Child would have made a nice bonus track in an alternate universe though, if aliens came down and erased all memory of X&W/Fast Cars from the band’s memories.

Levitate and Flower Child were my favourites out of the outtakes but still they wouldnt have fit on this record. The band made a good choice on the 11 track version of the album that is the one that makes the most sense and flows the best. As much as I like Fast Cars and some of the other outtakes they shouldnt have been on the album and I am glad they wearnt on the album.

No, One Step Closer should be included. It's a great track!
So as for the tracklisting in the first post, :down: for not including One Step Closer.

Back
Top Bottom