alternative track running order

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RABHIGH

Babyface
does anyone know what the possible alternative track running order was going to be for HTDAAB ? i read it somewhere, and now can't remember where.

i don't know if this is right, but this is the order that the songs appear in inside my HTDAAB + special edition book + dvd thing:

1. Mercy
2. Man and a Woman
3. Miracle Drug
4. One Step Closer
5. Crumbs From Your Table
6. Yahweh
7. Vertigo
8. All Because of You
9. Original Of The Species
10. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
11. Love and Peace or Else
12. City of Blinding Lights

AGAIN, i do not know if this is the running order, they might just be a list of songs or whatever. =)

tuwie said:
i don't know if this is right, but this is the order that the songs appear in inside my HTDAAB + special edition book + dvd thing:

1. Mercy
2. Man and a Woman
3. Miracle Drug
4. One Step Closer
6. Yahweh
7. Vertigo
8. All Because of You

AGAIN, i do not know if this is the running order, they might just be a list of songs or whatever. =)

If that was ever the running order, I can see why they changed it. Waaaay too frontloaded with down-tempo tracks.

Looks to me like the A side and B side are the wrong way around, Tracks 7,8,9,10 etc should be 1,2,3,4 etc then it looks pretty good.
1. Vertigo
2. All Because of You
3. Original Of The Species
4. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
5. Love and Peace or Else
6. City of Blinding Lights

7. Mercy
8. Man and a Woman
9. Miracle Drug
10. One Step Closer
11 Crumbs From Your Table
12. Yahweh

Still think that COBL should be the first track, followed by Vertigo.

tuwie said:

1. Mercy
2. Man and a Woman
3. Miracle Drug
4. One Step Closer
6. Yahweh
7. Vertigo
8. All Because of You

I always thought that list was related with the chronology the songs started to appear... because I think there's a timeline under the list in the special book of HTDAAB. Isn't it?

Aygo said:

I always thought that list was related with the chronology the songs started to appear... because I think there's a timeline under the list in the special book of HTDAAB. Isn't it?

Dunno, I'd be surprised if Vertigo predated ABOY. And OOTS for sure was from the ATYCLB sessions, and Sometimes was done prior to Bono's father's death in 2001 because it was sung at his funeral wasn't it?

Snowlock said:

Dunno, I'd be surprised if Vertigo predated ABOY. And OOTS for sure was from the ATYCLB sessions, and Sometimes was done prior to Bono's father's death in 2001 because it was sung at his funeral wasn't it?

Sometimes origins come from Bono's father funeral, but it was something like a verse, I guess, it was not on the final form of a song.

Regarding COBL, it has its musical origins in the Pop sessions but its thematic origins in a post-September 11 performance of Streets in NYC.

Back
Top Bottom