Alternate 'Atomic Bomb' for my car

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. All Because Of You (Alternate Version)
3. Native Son (The Vertigo Mix) *
4. Miracle Drug
5. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (Alternate Version)
6. Love And Peace Or Else
7. Fast Cars
8. Xanax and Wine
9. Are You Gonna Wait Forever
10. A Man And A Woman
11. Crumbs (Alternate Version - HQ)
12. Original Of The Species (Single Version)
13. Yahweh (Alternate Version)

* An excellent mix that a certain former Interferencer made which I have in my possession and can give out to whoever wants it. It's the best of both songs fused very well.

I know Fast Cars and Xanax look odd together like that but I couldn't put Xanax anywhere else on the album. And I wanted Fast Cars to follow LAPOE.

I booted One Step Closer cos there's nothing much to that song.

I like it! :up:

I'd probably have Mercy on there, only to fill up space.

It's a good song, but not the cure for fucking cancer like some make it out to be.

I'd put Yahweh between Sometimes and Love and Peace.

and Mercy after Original of the Species.

they sound great after each other.

Zootlesque said:

Wow, you just ruined the tracklisting right there. As bad as the album version is, the alternate version is terribly cringeworthy.

:down: I recently played HTDAAB again, and while my opinion has markedly slipped of some songs, I discovered it had only improved about One Step Closer. I'm convinced that is one of the best songs on the album, one of the few with a well-developed atmosphere, and superior to something comparable like The First Time.

I might have put the Mercy before Miracle Drug and probably a different version of AMAW.

But a great tracklist, I'll try this one sometime. I especially like how you put COBL as the opening track and ABOY the second. I always thought that ABOY have a EBTTRT kind of feel.

Zootlesque said:

Good Choice!

Great post Zootlesque!

Re: Re: Alternate 'Atomic Bomb' for my car

Axver said:

Wow, you just ruined the tracklisting right there. As bad as the album version is, the alternate version is terribly cringeworthy.

I knew this was coming. :wink: I too prefer the album version of the song! ... esp. the Sing verse which is kinda weak in the alt. version. The only reason the alternate version is on here is cos this is an 'alternate version' of the album and I have the album version on the original CD anyway.

Axver said:

:down: I recently played HTDAAB again, and while my opinion has markedly slipped of some songs, I discovered it had only improved about One Step Closer. I'm convinced that is one of the best songs on the album, one of the few with a well-developed atmosphere, and superior to something comparable like The First Time.

I listened to it too today and I still don't see anything special in the song. Edge pretty much repeats the same chimey guitar chords throughout the song and Bono keeps singing the same line 'one step closer to knowing' over and over again. Meh.

One Step Closer would make a great segue into a track. Unfortunately, U2 didn't write that track. Personally, I think it would have worked well as an intro to Sort Of Homecoming. Come to think of it does have a Bass Trap quality but it's b-side material at best.

Re: Re: Alternate 'Atomic Bomb' for my car

^ :sexywink:

Screwtape2 said:
probably a different version of AMAW.

I only have one alternate version for AMAAW and it is basically the album version with no drums or bass. Which sucks because the percussion is the best part of the song! That's why I kept the album version in there.

Re: Re: Re: Alternate 'Atomic Bomb' for my car

Zootlesque said:
^ :sexywink:

I only have one alternate version for AMAAW and it is basically the album version with no drums or bass. Which sucks because the percussion is the best part of the song! That's why I kept the album version in there.

Yeah, honestly the song really needs makeover.

I had an idea, why don't you move Mercy into the third spot because the guitar intro sounds sort of like ABOY. I think it would be cool to carry the energy it the song and follow Mercy with Miracle Drug to kind of slow the album down. The problem for me with the original album set up was the fact that Miracle Drug killed the energy. With Mercy you keep the energy while preparing the listener for Miracle Drug.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Alternate 'Atomic Bomb' for my car

Screwtape2 said:

why don't you move Mercy into the third spot because the guitar intro sounds sort of like ABOY.

Yeah but Mercy is a very good closer. It sounds out of place to me everywhere except the end.

I am alive
Baby, I'm born again
and again
and again
and again and again and again
again...

THE END.

:wink:

Interesting, I never looked at it like that but the final lyrics ready do warrant that.

This threads like this really make me wonder what U2 was doing when they put this record together.

I would love to see a moodier album from them next time. If Mercy had worked like you suggest, it would have been awesome if the new album was about being reborn.

I want more songs like Mercy, Sometimes, and Miracle Drug from U2. :yes:

Zootlesque said:
1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. All Because Of You (Alternate Version)
3. Native Son (The Vertigo Mix) *
4. Miracle Drug
6. Love And Peace Or Else
7. Fast Cars
8. Xanax and Wine
9. Are You Gonna Wait Forever
10. A Man And A Woman
11. Crumbs (Alternate Version - HQ)
12. Original Of The Species (Single Version)
13. Yahweh (Alternate Version)

good mix:up:

however I would take out fast cars, as xanax and wine is better:wink:

I really want that Native Son (Vertigo Mix)......if someone is willing to gimme :wink:

And "Mercy" is better than almost everything on that album. Also, the alternative version of "Crumbs" is unquestionably the better of the two. I can't even listen to that silly Walk On/ES hybrid on HTDAAB.

I'm at work right now. It's on my home computer. So I'll email it to you guys this evening!

Man, I listened to this CD on the way to work.. just the first 6 songs and I already love it like 10 times more than the actual album. :drool:

Last edited:
BigMacPhisto said:
I really want that Native Son (Vertigo Mix)......if someone is willing to gimme :wink:

I need your email address or something cos I can't PM it to you since you're not premium.

All you other people have got either emails or PMs with the ysi link.

Joey788 said:
I'd also like to get the Native Son(Vertigo Mix) if you can send it to me. Thanks in advance.

Joey788@aol.com

Okay, I just got a message saying your address doesn't accept attachments. But I didn't send any attachments. It was just a link. :huh: Anyway, gimme an alternate address if you have one.

Back
Top Bottom