Alternate Acrobat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nothing like hearing a song for the 1st time that blows you away. :drool:

when i first heard this version i was like, "holy shit! where has this been hiding all these years!"

Dude, this is xtreme! Thanks for posting this.

I wouldn't say this is better than the album version though, not at all. The album version is much more powerful, solo included. The riff in this one sounds kinda like Until the End of the World.

Still, this is tight. :up:

I see. This is the demo from the Axtung Beibi outtakes! Meh.. it's okay. I prefer the album version by a mile! Can't even understand what the hell Bono's singing here.

I find the whole AB outtakes thing to be lackluster overall.

I usually don't like outtakes, but this one is great (not better than the final version, though), thanks for sharing :up:

This version is great, but nowhere near close the album version. The album version features my favorite performance by Bono, along with some of my favorite lyricis and an amazing job by The Edge, Larry and Adam. Believe it or not, this was the song that hooked me to U2, not one of their singles.

Why am I having problems opening this , isn't just copy and paste the link ?

Is it only me that kind of thinks that u2 put a final version of their songs , well not all of course , but some as this "worse" than the original demo ? I mean acrobat is good on the album , but this demo is fucking kicking ass , it would give a whole new color to achtung baby something raw as that , also did you see Crumbs on the HTDAAB dvd , it's way more better than the final album version , someone agree ?

J_NP said:
Is it only me that kind of thinks that u2 put a final version of their songs , well not all of course , but some as this "worse" than the original demo ? I mean acrobat is good on the album , but this demo is fucking kicking ass , it would give a whole new color to achtung baby something raw as that , also did you see Crumbs on the HTDAAB dvd , it's way more better than the final album version , someone agree ?

This demo version sounds closer to a traditional rock song. It wouldn't work on Achtung Baby. In fact this version almost sounds like it could have been on Rattle and Hum. I really like this demo because it's completely different. It's not better or worse in my opinion just different. I mean depending on my mood I could like the demo or the album version better at any given time. Thank you JMScoopy for posting this. :rockon:

Hallucination said:

This demo version sounds closer to a traditional rock song. It wouldn't work on Achtung Baby.

:yes: Yup, much of the Axtung Beibi Outtakes sounds like fairly generic, "American/classic-rock" rock. The songs sound pretty good on their own, but had they all been on Achtung Baby in place of what we got, I believe AB would have been a far less impressive album.

Perhaps , good points , but one thing edge's sounds much better on this , i mean non the distorted classic more common , but the one on the background. Also larry sounds much more alive

Back
Top Bottom