Alright, the tour is done... where does it rank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkramer

War Child
Ok, Elevation is finished. So what does everyone think? Taking in critical, monetary, personal feelings, etc. where does this one rank in the grand scheme of U2? Or dare I say of all tours in general? I'd have to say this one is high. First place for me...

I'd say #1.. so do the band..
that seems to be a pretty good indicator.
biggrin.gif

------------------
And I felt like a star...

I agree. The best show I have ever seen. The people had incredible energy and everyone was there to see U2, not just to kill an evening sitting around the house. The intimacy with the band was out of this world especially given the fact they are one of the largest rock groups in the world. Fantastic setlists, both legs. Simple lightshow yet effective. The entrance onstage was incredibly original and ballsy! They sounded beyond perfect and I have never felt exhausted after a concert but I could hardly walk after jumping and singing for two hours in the heart. GA rocks plus I never had to deal with drunken idiots who usually ruin concerts by making asses of themselves. U2 fans are very well behaved (clap,clap,clap). All in all, a big two thumbs up.

------------------
You give it all but I want more

1. ZOO TV

2.Elevation Tour 2001

pluses :
1) GA stuff , fucking great
2) heart-invention ingenious
3) a lot of great tunes
4) band was really comunicating with their fans
5) intro - music was overwhelming
6) thanks to these shows i fall deeply in love with PJ Harvey

minuses :
1) Lights , special effects , all thix stuff was a ZOO TV , nothing original
2) Tour was to small for the rest of the world and too big for USA , it could be more
REAL WORLD tour , this is almost can be called " N/A tour "
3) they didn't perfomed 40 in full version
4) costumes of Bono , could be better

ahh Fuck it ! , it was totally awesome , great bad , great show , i hope we will see them touring again in 2002/2003

I am really torn bw ZooTv and Elevation. ZooTv rocked my world and it was my first time seeing the boys, but Elevation gave me GA and took me around the world. Ok, there's my answer - E L E V A T I O N #1.

I just can't believe it's over.

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

This was the best tour because they 20 had years of great songs to pull from...now I want them to pull a Beatles and go into the studio for 5 years and just make records...just keep that tramp Yoko away...

Either elevation or Zootv for me (as far as the best). ooooh, just so tough to coose between those two- the thing is that those 2 are apples and oranges, completely different tours. Yet they yielded similar positive results in terms of connection or acclaim through extremely different methods. Elevation, so intimate, scaled back and pure, while Zootv drew you in an opposite way. Heck, now if ya ask me, the best tour would be ZooTV with a huge GA pit like the elvevations heart! Yeeehaaaa! Okay you know what, i'm gonna have to choose Elevation, and here's why: For only $45, I got to see the best band in the world from the front row center, just in inches away. Wow. Of course there was the long wait all day, but that only created the best situation to meet other fans and experience something rather new as well
smile.gif

Although I liked Popmart, Elevation quite simply pissed all over it - no contest.

1. Elevation
2. Zoo TV

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Having experienced U2 shows since 1984 but only only the ZOO TV OUtside Broadcast during that era, I'd have to say Elevation ranked #2 for me.

1. Unforgettable Fire Tour (the vibe was incredible, an atmospheric event)

2. Elevation 2001

I say Elevation wins, although I only previously saw shows from JT, Zoo TV and PopMart. Elevation is intimate even from the seats in the rafters. Plus, we got to hear all the hits in addition to the music from yet another great U2 album. Bono's voice is still in top form, and the love affair between band and fan is stronger than ever.

1. Elevation -- The heart (& GA) was an incredible idea...especially for America where we don't get GA very often.

2. UF (my first, and I got hooked)

3. Joshua Tree (they won our hearts & souls)

4. ZooTV (compared to Elevation, way too big)

This is tough. I've only seen Zoo TV, outside, Popmart and Elevation.

When I saw Zoo TV I was just a small fan and it blew my mind and made me a huge fan. But as someone already have said, the tours are so different. For Zoo TV and Popmart they put on amazing, extrordinary shows that we came to see. The Elevationsshows we came to be a part in, just as much.
I guess I have to go for Elevation as #1 though, as a fan. If you just like them, are a criticer, I guess they would say Zoo TV because they come to SEE something, GET something. Fans just as much come to GIVE and be a part in the show and Elevation beats everything when it comes to that.
So,
Elevation
Zoo TV
Popmart

That's my ranking.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Is this the only tour besides Lovetown that didn't actually span over 2 years?

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I know what you mean Arun V, things that happened to a lot of us on this tour were way beyond our expectations. (I got to party with the tour personal and met bono at the same party while they were in Chicago in the spring. That was after a pretty great show at the United Center. Hard to top that sort of thing...)

*sniff sniff*

wahhhhh! I missed this tour, as well as POP (am I still a fan???)

But I've seen U2 9 times starting with the Unforgettable Fire tour. The UF show being my first ever concert, I'd say it was the best. But in all reality, it didn't compare with the Zoo tour.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom