*Ally*, please reply here... (I'm comin to NYC in march for a visit)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
i am going to NYC on my spring break for the first time ever. i have a friend who is a broadway producer there, knows ppl. heh, i'm lookin fwd to seein a SNL, conan o'brian, or letterman show. or maybe all 3. heh. maybe go see mtv studios. i gotta see central park an statue of liberty. could be a experience i'll never forget when i see ground zero.

wonderin if you (And maybe any other NY Interferencers but i don't know the rest of u too well) want to hook up for a lil drink or somethin.

btw, thanks for organizing the vegas numbering system. shoulda thank'd ya back in Nov but things have been busy.

later,
Jesse

Yeah! We're getting another Interferencer into NYC! Jesse, Unforgettable Fire might be playing the week you're in town if you're lucky but if not, there's always me, Alice and a bunch of other crazy U2 fans. We're a wacky bunch. What dates are you going to be in town?

hey jesse!

that's so cool that you're coming to NYC! it's an awesome place- you're going to love it!
smile.gif
do you know when you're coming? i'd love to meet up with you- i'm sure that i could arrange a meeting with a bunch of NYC U2 fans. hopefully Unforgettable Fire will have a show when you're in town- they're an awesome U2 tribute band, and a bunch of us NYC nuts always go to their shows. here's my email address: U2fanNYC@yahoo.com. be sure to keep me posted on your plans!
smile.gif

hey sharky(whats your first name), Ally(your first name is Alice?). that'd be cool if i can see the UF cover band. Is that the one that Danno(mini bono from vegas) is in? I'll be there from March 8, 9, or 10 for 5 or 6 days. I don't know what i'm doin yet as my friend may have ome fun activities set up for me
smile.gif
. Can't wait to see NY and you guys. Wanted to see the WTC standing up in all it's glory, damn them terrorists
frown.gif
. What's a good place to hang out in NYC? Hard Rock Cafe?

adios!

Yo JesseU2-
Turning into a little cross-country traveler or what little bro or what?

Just BE SURE to tell YOUR FOLKS this time remember during the 3rd leg when we were in Vegas and LA when the COPS-(back here in AZ.) had an all points bulletin out looking for you cuz YOU were cutting class and YOUR PARENTS didnt have a clue WHERE YOU WERE...living it up at U2/what not shows w/your bro..

hoo hah..
Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 01-07-2002).]

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Yo JesseU2-
Turning into a little cross-country traveler or what little bro or what?

Just BE SURE to tell YOUR FOLKS this time remember during the 3rd leg when we were in Vegas and LA when the COPS had an all out bulletin looking for you cuz YOU were cutting class and YOUR PARENTS didnt have a clue WHERE YOU WERE...living it up at U@ shows w/your bro..

hoo hah..

they know, lol. they know my friend in nyc. he sent me an my dad to see Rolling Stones voodoo lounge tour in '94 in 15th row seats from the stage! his family is in concert biz. shh db about my folks callin cops. my mom was a lil bit too crazy i thought. guess they all go crazy.
icon29.gif

hey, jesse!

well, i gave you my email addy, so just let me know what your plans are a little closer to when you're going to be here. it would be cool if we could all meet up- jenny (aka, sharky) is a lot of fun, and UF is awesome!
smile.gif

hmmm, as for things to do in NYC, there are millions! not sure about hanging out at the hard rock- that's mostly just for tourists. oh wait, you ARE a tourist! uh, nevermind... lol! seriously, i'm sure your friend will be able to hook you up with cool places to hang out. for nightlife, the west village is pretty crazy (tons of bars, young people, etc.), but the east village is cool, too (more of an altnerna, punk-rock feel to it). just steer clear of the times square area (teenagers sreaming for TRL, tourists all over the place, disney world attractions, prostitutes) and you should be fine.
smile.gif

as for seeing the WTC, you can always make a pilgrimmage down to ground zero. i don't know if there's much to see, but....
frown.gif

regardless, you're going to love New York- it's the best place!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:
just steer clear of the times square area (teenagers sreaming for TRL, tourists all over the place, disney world attractions, prostitutes) and you should be fine.
smile.gif

regardless, you're going to love New York- it's the best place!!
biggrin.gif

Sorry to chime in here, but this is a great description of Time Square! Cheers Ally. Makes it sound like a Hunter S. Thompson story!

Jesse - There really isn't much to see at the WTC site (try to visit over the holidays like a silly 'NJ tourist'). They say that they are over 60% of the site cleared. And it will be more when you get there.

I would focus on other stuff. So much to see, so little time!!!

Originally posted by *Ally*:
it would be cool if we could all meet up- jenny (aka, sharky) is a lot of fun, and UF is awesome!
smile.gif

Don't listen to her. I am completely boring. Times Square may not be too bad to go to in March. I did go to TRL last year in January thinking U2 were actually in the studio announcing their tour. Instead, I didn't get to see the band at all, was laughed at by real New Yorkers, and was asked several times by teenage girls in the area what Carson's big announcement about the Backsteet Boys. People would come by and say "What's going on there today?" If the girls answered first it was all "There's a BSB announcement." I answered first once and when I mentioned U2 I got these nasty stares from the girls. So long story short, go down to TRL just to heckle all the teenagers there.

Back
Top Bottom