All those little questions that have been bugging you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elevation was great because U2 had to work again. I loved Popmart, but Elevation was an obvious effort to make real contact with the fans. I also dug the (perceived) simplicity of it.

phillyfan26 said:

Better on Vertigo than Elevation: I Will Follow, Out of Control, New Year's Day, Bad, With or Without You, Desire, Angel of Harlem, All I Want is You, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Until the End of the World, Discotheque, Elevation, Beautiful Day, Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Kite, In a Little While

Well, I stuck to songs that were actually consistently played on both, not the occasional differen tone.

But since it's a new game now

Better on Elevation than on Vertigo: Gone, Please, Stay, Ground beneath her feet, Sweetest thing, UTEOTW, In a Little While, Discotheque, and well, everthing except Kite in Australia/New Zealand.

That was a LOT easier, Thanks !

coolian2 said:

And Vertigo wins because of The Electric Co, An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, The Ocean, Gloria, Miss Sarajevo, Zoo Station, Kite, One Tree Hill, The First Time, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses...there's more that escape my memory now. Elevation couldn't have dreamed of as much variety. The lack of Pop/Zooropa was the only drawback.

I know, on Elevation we had to make do with Gone, Please, Stay, Discotheque, Ground Beneath her feet, Sweetest thing, Bad, In Gods Country, Desire, Angel of Harlem, Wild Horses, Bad, Out of Control, EBTTRT, as well as the ATYCLB material, not to mention a decent version of Streets

Each to their own

FitzChivalry said:

I think he does a sort of similar thing on the Elevation DVD during WTSHNN. Every time he sings the word "streets" in the chorus, it sounds like "schtreets" or the beginning of "shush" and then "treats" combined. It's very annoying to me. I'm so glad he dropped that schtreets SCHTICK for the Vertigo version.

That shhhhhtreets thing is always cracking me up :lol:

toscano said:

I know, on Elevation we had to make do with Gone, Please, Stay, Discotheque, Ground Beneath her feet, Sweetest thing, Bad, In Gods Country, Desire, Angel of Harlem, Wild Horses, Bad, Out of Control, EBTTRT, as well as the ATYCLB material, not to mention a decent version of Streets

Each to their own

I was just naming the songs that were played on both tours that were better on Vertigo. I didn't even go into all the songs that weren't played on Elevation.

False, Apollo Creed.

photo_apollol.jpg

toscano said:

Each to their own

Yeah, but a lot of those were played on Vertigo - Bad was much better, Desire much better, Angel was cooler and Wild Horses was never played in full on Elevation....it was played either full or 'acoustic' on Vertigo more than it was snippeted on Elevation.

For the record, i want Gone, Say, Please (the full version, not the Elevation version), Discotheque, In God's Country (the full version, not the Elevation version) etc etc to be back.

Back
Top Bottom