All the songs you can't leave behind...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pride and Sunday Bloody Sunday.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

First that come to my mind is Until the End of the World.

But I have a dream to see Bad performed live.

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

IMO they should at least play 4/6 of:
Streets, Still Haven't Found, With or Without You, Bad, One, Pride

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Streets
Bad
I think that Mysterious Ways really helps out the show and I think that they should play it at every one...
smile.gif

------------------
"Midnight is where the day begins..."

...from the live set. Which songs can you think of that, if they weren't played, it wouldn't be a U2 show. (hypothetically). Now I'm not asking which of their songs that they haven't played that you'd like to hear, cuz God knows we all have lots...and not even those once-in-a-blue-moon songs like In God's Country (still pissed I missed that one)...but those U2 anthems that MUST be aired at a U2 show. Are there that many?

I'd venture to say:

Where the Streets Have No Name

What else?

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe Pics

I still haven't seen them play Bad. I got All I Want is You and the electric Please instead... but, I'd say

Streets
One

and that's really it.

One

I'm sooo ready for them to drop Bullet the Blue Sky and With or Without You...

Im really flexible, so the only song it would be really really weird if they didnt play it would have to be One.

The first leg of the tour, I REALLY missed Pride. It seemed strange for it not to be included. 2nd time around, they did Pride and it felt like that void had been filled...it was truly great! However, it was strange not to see With Or Without You this time around (and maybe cause it's one of my personal favorites). I didn'y really miss Mysterious Ways like I thought I would.

* Top 2 that a U2 show should NOT be without:
Streets and One....then Pride.

One
Streets
Bad
Pride
I personally need Until the End of the World as well. I also really enjoy Stay. You can cut it, but I'll kick things if you do...

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

Streets is the only "super-essential" I can think of, though there was a time when I thought the same thing about 40. According to U2tours.com, Streets wasn't played in 13 2nd-leg JTree shows, 1 1st-leg LoveTown show (Sydney 1), and that's IT. It's been performed in every single (full-blown) show since. Pretty essential, I guess.

Now. Which song is the best lead-in for Streets? I vote for the PopMart combo of Please/Streets. Please has such a desperate edge to it; paired with the joy and hope of Streets... it just doesn't get any better.

It's also the song that most easily makes me cry with joy, especially live. But I guess you didn't need to know that.
updown.gif

--
I want to reach out
And touch the flame

Originally posted by notiti:
I personally need Until the End of the World as well. I also really enjoy Stay. You can cut it, but I'll kick things if you do...

Yes, yes, yes! I meant to say this as well: UTEOTW is one of those unexpectedly great live songs, as is New York. And I didn't really like Stay until I heard it acoustically.

*ducks as notiti throws a shoe*

--
I know it's tough, and you can never get enough
Of what you don't really need now ... my oh my

I think the essentials that should be in every show are: Streets, Until the End of the World, and One.

Others that are great live and should be in almost every show: Bad, The Fly, Bullet, Please (POPmart version, the acoustic is nice, but the full-blown thing is an experience), Sunday Bloody Sunday, and With or Without You.

New songs that should be kept in rotation on following tours: Walk On, Beautiful Day, and New York

Songs that were great, but don't fit in anymore: MoFo, Zoo Station, Exit, One Tree Hill, The Unforgettable Fire, and Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

Back
Top Bottom