All That You Can't Leave Behind vs. Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote!!!

• All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 64 36.6%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 111 63.4%

• Total voters
the only album ATYCLB has a chance of winning against around here is R&H. maybe not even then.

my vote goes to zooropa.

MrBrau1 said:
Zooropa Beautiful Day

BD is the better opener

Babyface Stuck In A Moment

Stuck, and I'm one of those who like Babyface

Numb Elevation

Elevation

Lemon Walk On

Walk on

Stay Kite

Stay - this was a hard choice

DGPFYCC In A Little While

IALW

Some Days Wild Honey

Wild honey

The First Time Peace On Earth

First time

Dirty Day WILATW

Dirty Day

The Wanderer New York

Wanderer

Zooropa 4.
ATYCLB 6.

ATYCLB has a better start and first half, but it tanks after song 7 and New York saves it from total drowning. (similar to Bad saving UF's second half) Zooropa on the other hand has a spectacular finish.

ATYCLB. I use to rank ATYCLB at #9 and Zooropa at #10.

Don't get me wrong, I love them both a I listen to them often but... both have some embarassing songs

I'll bet that if this poll was done in late 2000 or 2001, the results would've been a lot different! A lot like Chizip's Bomb poll. That tells me that these albums will slowly go down in popularity as the years pass but classics like War, UF, JT, Achtung, Zooropa and Pop will remain in people's memories forever. I really think it's the quirky different-sounding albums that stand the test of time.

Zootlesque said:
I'll bet that if this poll was done in late 2000 or 2001, the results would've been a lot different! A lot like Chizip's Bomb poll. That tells me that these albums will slowly go down in popularity as the years pass but classics like War, UF, JT, Achtung, Zooropa and Pop will remain in people's memories forever.

Hmm, that's interesting. It tells me that Bomb is better than Zooropa and ATYCLB isn't.

But to each his own. :wink:

XHendrix24 said:

Hmm, that's interesting. It tells me that Bomb is better than Zooropa and ATYCLB isn't.

But to each his own. :wink:

Do the Bomb vs. Zooropa poll again in 2007 or 2008! I'll bet you Zooropa will come out as clear winner!

:ohmy:

:eyebrow:

:tsk:

Of course, none of this really matters! Our individual taste is all that matters to each one of us. And nobody can change what we think is already 'perfect' in our minds. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

Do the Bomb vs. Zooropa poll again in 2007 or 2008! I'll bet you Zooropa will come out as clear winner!

Wow...I'm just writing this down....so in 2007 or 2008 I'll stop loving HTDAAB.

I'm not worthy, really I'm not. :bow: :bow:

Can you also tell me when I'll stop liking the new Anthony & the Johnsons album, I like to be prepared...

roy said:

Wow...I'm just writing this down....so in 2007 or 2008 I'll stop loving HTDAAB.

I'm not worthy, really I'm not. :bow: :bow:

Can you also tell me when I'll stop liking the new Anthony & the Johnsons album, I like to be prepared...

Don't be silly! I'm just expressing my opinion that Zooropa has more staying power than the last 2 albums!

The fascination with Zooropa is something I'll never understand. How the hell anyone can even mention it in the same breath with ATYCLB or Bomb is beyond me.

WalkOnTheEdge said:
The fascination with Zooropa is something I'll never understand. How the hell anyone can even mention it in the same breath with ATYCLB or Bomb is beyond me.

:up:

The only song on Zooropa that I even listen to is Stay. I can't stand Lemon or Numb. People always say "but they're different!" I don't care if they're different if they sound like crap. I'd take the first half of ATYCLB over the entire Zooropa album.

Question out of curiousity for WalkOnTheEdge and IrishDawg: do either of you like Passengers?

Axver said:
Question out of curiousity for WalkOnTheEdge and IrishDawg: do either of you like Passengers?

No, and I can't stand that Miss Whatever song w/ the opera guy either.

IrishDawg said:

No, and I can't stand that Miss Whatever song w/ the opera guy either.

:tsk: I was the first one to vote for ATYCLB over Zooropa, but I simply cannot condone the bashing of Miss Sarajevo, one of U2's finest songs of that decade.

Statements like this make little babys cry...

But seriousley, U2 fans are in bad shape if this sort of idea is commonplace. I am curious to see what happens to all these newer fans when U2 decides to start making challenging music again. It's gonna be like 1991 all over again. Should be interesting.

all my opinion of course.

Lancemc said:

:tsk: I was the first one to vote for ATYCLB over Zooropa, but I simply cannot condone the bashing of Miss Sarajevo, one of U2's finest songs of that decade.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was bashing it. Just my opinion, don't really like it. I know a lot of people on here love it.

Statements like this make little babys cry...

But seriousley, U2 fans are in bad shape if this sort of idea is commonplace. I am curious to see what happens to all these newer fans when U2 decides to start making challenging music again. It's gonna be like 1991 all over again. Should be interesting.

all my opinion of course.

I'm a new U2 fan and I'd love for U2 to put out more of the "challenging" music they put out durring Achtung Baby and Pop. I just don't see any brilliance to Zooropa. Maybe it's because I play guitar and I hate the weird noises Edge came up w/ on Zooropa instead of the increadible solos he came up w/ for the Fly, Acrobat, and Love is Blindness.

To each his own

IrishDawg said:
Maybe it's because I play guitar and I hate the weird noises Edge came up w/ on Zooropa instead of the increadible solos he came up w/ for the Fly, Acrobat, and Love is Blindness.

If you play guitar, wouldn't you appreciate the fact Edge actually managed to get those "weird noises" out of his guitar? I mean, that's some impressive stuff that he did.

If you like regular rock with the solos and melodies you probably won't like Zooropa, it's just too different from the norm for U2. That's why I love it personally, but I can see why people don't like it as much as their other albums. The Edge is not his "chiming guitar with the delay" self.

I was just saying that to add to my point, it's a given fact :wink:

It kind of bothers me that we're comparing these two albums because they aren't that similar...:|

Back
Top Bottom