All Is Right With The World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rachel D. said:

On October 13, 2001, I bought ATYCLB, my first U2 album. It was such a comfort and I felt like I had just discovered something new and wonderful in my life and, I believe, helped me through my depression. I look back on the end of 2001 with fondness and think of October 13 as a sort of holiday for me.

:hug: You DID discover something wonderful...never forget it! You didn't just find four boys, you found a whole wonderful culture and community. :heart:

*joins starsgoblue as a drinking buddy*

Ive had those moments of clarity with the band blaring in my ear

I used to go running on the beach all the time with u2 on my minidisc payer and then i would start dancing in the ocean...
beautiful day seems to be a big eye opener for a lot of people huh?

This is really weird stars, but about that comment you made
stay helping you out of an abusive relationship.
um
the same thing happened to me:(
no lie.

the last time i went running in the ocean to u2 it was vertigo. i had to stop though because i thought i was dying. i hurt my lung in a car crash and all of a sudden i had this pain like my chest was bleeding-kinda hard to explain-
and i fell on the ground.
laying there trying not to hyperventilate i just let the music seep into my body, calming me.
it was great. i got back up and walked about a mile to get to my car, went to the doctor and had to get some medication.....
though i think u2 was a better remedy

*raises toast to stars*
:kiss: :drunk:

u2bonogirl said:

This is really weird stars, but about that comment you made
stay helping you out of an abusive relationship.
um
the same thing happened to me:(
no lie.

Well something similar happened for me listening to a live version of Bad from the Paris show of the Elevation Tour 3 years ago. I was definitely in an emotionally abusive relationship back then. At the high point of Bad, where Bono is screaming out, he was shouting "You know what it is, you know it, let it go" and at the time I was sat in my car looking out over a valley thinking about the girl and those few words hit me hard like a punch of reality.

That sounds sort of corny but is true, it was a powerful moment for me! The song is about addiction and an abusive relationship often is, in a way, addictive.

The great thing about U2's music is its truth. They probably have a song in their catalogue for every mood, and when your mood needs fixing the right track can be the best drug:heart:

paulrg said:

Well something similar happened for me listening to a live version of Bad from the Paris show of the Elevation Tour 3 years ago. I was definitely in an emotionally abusive relationship back then. At the high point of Bad, where Bono is screaming out, he was shouting "You know what it is, you know it, let it go" and at the time I was sat in my car looking out over a valley thinking about the girl and those few words hit me hard like a punch of reality.

That sounds sort of corny but is true, it was a powerful moment for me! The song is about addiction and an abusive relationship often is, in a way, addictive.

The great thing about U2's music is its truth. They probably have a song in their catalogue for every mood, and when your mood needs fixing the right track can be the best drug:heart:

:hug: PaulRg :hug:

Thank you so much for sharing that story with me and others here on Interference. It's not corny at all...Bono seems to be able to go into our hearts with his words and be able to expose us to the realities of our shames, tragedies, hopes, and joys. What's even more powerful is that Bono's words have convicted so many of us to action....

Back
Top Bottom