All I want is you video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronaldocarlos

The Fly
hi, i saw for the first time the video of "all i want is you" and i didn't understood the end. who died?. I thought that was the little guy but at the very end he is alive?

(sorry my poor english)

ronaldocarlos said:
hi, i saw for the first time the video of "all i want is you" and i didn't understood the end. who died?. I thought that was the little guy but at the very end he is alive?

(sorry my poor english)

I always thought the girl died.

I thought the girl died. Doesn't the little guy drop the ring in the dirt when they're burying her? :confused:

I am pretty sure I have footage of a member of U2 (Adam or Edge, I think) stating that the girl dies.

I've got footage of Edge saying it was the little fella. Though the way he explains it, I don't think he's really sure either.

Slapnutz said:
I've got footage of Edge saying it was the little fella. Though the way he explains it, I don't think he's really sure either.

In that case, I need to dig out my footage. Is your footage from an interview on Australian TV in 1989?

2.3.11 Who dies at the end of the "All I Want Is You" video?
{MJS} This question truly is frequently asked. I think it's the woman.

{DAC} I believe it is the midget who is in love with her. Earlier in the video he threw himself off the high trapeze swing, and when we see him at the funeral, it is really his ghost, and only his friend the strong man even senses that he is there. Then he throws in the ring, to be buried along with himself.

{CG} One widely accepted interpretation is that what's being buried on the funeral is the love from the midget for the woman - Thus he throws the ring in the grave. This also explains that "flying" camera effect - that's the midget's love leaving him.

This is from: U2faq.com

Axver said:

In that case, I need to dig out my footage. Is your footage from an interview on Australian TV in 1989?

I believe so. I'd like to help but it would take me about a week sort through my u2 video library.

It was a big coffin for a little guy. I think it was the girl. Or maybe their love, symbolically? Either way, this rates among my LEAST favorite U2 videos. I hate it :madspit:

They're burying the little midget's love for the girl. The midget letting go of the ladder rung is symbolic of him letting go of something he can't attain - the girl's love.

:shrug:

The girl IMO. The coffin is too big for the guy that was in love with her, plus he throws in the ring towards the end and you see the big guy nodding to him, so he is not dead.

They were buring hair metal because U2 killed hair metal in the 80's with such great albums as The Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree.

david said:
They were buring hair metal because U2 killed hair metal in the 80's with such great albums as The Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree.

:laugh: :lmao: :lmao: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom