All I want is You...To explain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MunkyMan

The Fly
So, I was watching the AIWIY video on much more music yesterday and now I have some questions. I thought that the midget died, but it wasen't him. Who died? How did they die? Can anyone explain this video to me????

mike in toronto
GO LEAFS GO!!!

Ahhhh yes. The ubiquitous AIWIY video. To be honest, I don't think we will ever know the "real" answers, but here are some of my impressions. I think it could possibly be a metaphorical thing. The love that the midget had for the trapeze artist died. Thus he throws the ring into the grave and buries his feelings. Or at least that's a possibility. Of course, if someone actually did die, I would guess it's the midget and that the perspective you see of floating over the crowd is his spirit. The only person that seems to be able to see him at the gravesite is the strong man, his best friend.

I dunno. Sure is a lovely video tho. One of my personal favs.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Ahhhh yes. The ubiquitous AIWIY video. To be honest, I don't think we will ever know the "real" answers, but here are some of my impressions. I think it could possibly be a metaphorical thing. The love that the midget had for the trapeze artist died. Thus he throws the ring into the grave and buries his feelings.
biggrin.gif

That's always been my interpretation too. Was the video directed by Wim Wenders? It's very Wendersy and reminds me of Wings of Desire.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Ahhhh yes. The ubiquitous AIWIY video. To be honest, I don't think we will ever know the "real" answers, but here are some of my impressions. I think it could possibly be a metaphorical thing. The love that the midget had for the trapeze artist died. Thus he throws the ring into the grave and buries his feelings. Or at least that's a possibility. Of course, if someone actually did die, I would guess it's the midget and that the perspective you see of floating over the crowd is his spirit. The only person that seems to be able to see him at the gravesite is the strong man, his best friend.

biggrin.gif

This was also discussed in the U2.com msg board and they had the same theory. Also, someone mentioned that the priest is actually Adam.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom