all i want is you - new cover version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine works, you just click the "All I Want Is You" in the PurePlayer on the right and it downloads and starts playing in the browser. It's a MacroMedia Flash Player 7, so maybe you have to have Flash installed?

I'm liking this version....it's quite a lot like U2's at least, but there's no "all I want is YOOOOOOOU!" at the end, which considering the lack of vocal talent in many bands these days is probably for the better. The guitar sounds are a bit heavier, but I think it's a decent cover since they don't butcher the song by trying something completely new.

what's the point in covering a song if you don't bring anything new to it?

Really enjoyable cover. Thanks for pointing it out.

Anybody recommend some other great U2 covers?

Back in the Fall I downloaded Sanctus Real?s cover of Beautiful from the new U2 tribute album - In The Name Of Love: Artists United For Africa at one it?s official websites. I would definitely recommend it. (the album comes out this week)

SkeeK said:

New is ok, I mean more...I dunno how to explain it, but for example, you shouldn't take U2 songs and do country or rap covers, or make a sad song sound really upbeat...that kind of stuff. Different, but same enough to still capture the mood of the song, like the original. I think U2 have done so with all of their covers except Fortunate Son.

I'm sorry, but I honestly used to kind of like Jars of Clay when I was in a CCM (as in, crappy Christian music) mood, but then, ironically, I saw them in concert and now they're definitely :down: in my book. Most boring show, ever. :| :yawn:

yeah i had to download the new flash player, but it still doesn't do anything. a few ppl on that websites forum said it doesn't work for them either. does anyone have nero, and want to record the stream into mp3? i'd really like to hear it. stupid technology not working lol

U2Soar said:
Really enjoyable cover. Thanks for pointing it out.

Anybody recommend some other great U2 covers?

Back in the Fall I downloaded Sanctus Real?s cover of Beautiful from the new U2 tribute album - In The Name Of Love: Artists United For Africa at one it?s official websites. I would definitely recommend it. (the album comes out this week)

Here's a couple of sites to order the CD from. The Grassrootsmusic link has clips of the songs covered.

World Vision

grassrootsmusic.com/

SkeeK said:
OH MY GOD, IT'S NOT DIFFERENT, IT SUCKS.
bonosloveslave said:
Jars of Clay will have a country version of AIWIY out on Tuesday :up:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

*runs screaming for the hills*............
OH MY GOD, IT'S DIFFERENT, IT SUCKS.

Music fans are stupid.

What the heck was Jars of Clay thinking when they decided to do a boogie-woogie version of "All I Want Is You"?

Ditto Grits and the hip-hop version of "With Or Without You".

The tracks on the Artists United for Africa album that stayed faithful to the originals are all pretty good: "Gloria" by Audio Adrenaline, "Mysterious Ways" by TobyMac, "Pride" by Delirious?, "Where The Streets Have No Name" by Chris Tomlin. The acoustic version of "One" by Tait is also excellent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom