All I want is you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Superflysrb

The Fly
Hey all,

I'm making a mix cd for a friend and I was looking to put on it the best live version of All I Want is You...I already have the X-mas at the Point in Dublin version from '89...but I was hoping someone out there had a better one.
I'm looking for the full band version, not the Popmart version.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My e-mail: Sulaiman.Beg@gmail.com

Here are my favorites:
1989-12-26 - Point Depot
Milan DVD version
One of the 5th leg version, don't remember wich one of them, I check later :)

My personal favorites (both great quality audio, too):

Vertigo Tour, Saitama II: http://www.save file.com/files/980298
It's quite long because it's the last song of the show and they stretched out the crowd participation at the end, but really beautiful.

Lovetown Rotterdam, 1/10/90: http://www.save file.com/files/980393
My favorite bootleg. And I inadvertently misspelled it "Rotterdamn" in this link, which I think was my subconscious' way of telling me I swear too much. :giggle: I prefer this one to the Point Depot version you mentioned.

Any version of the song on Lovetown is going to be the best version unless its a performance where Bono's vocals are shot (which would be the German shows, Amsterdam and a few of the October Sydney shows).

The Sydney Nov. 18, 1989 version is outstanding. Only problem is that the soundboard version cuts right as the song reaches its apex (thanks to the editing of the documentary!).

This is one of my ABSOLUTE fav songs. I think because of what it means to Bono. It is a beautiful love song to his wife. A bit of a fantasy for most girls- someone professing their total love and dedication to the world for you.

Thnks for the downloads and versions.
AND, I agree with those who choose the SLANE version. Gives me goosebumps- to see and hear- with the transition to Streets-especially knowing the emotion inside of Bono at this sad time in his life.:drool: :drool:

one of the best songs ever. i love that buenos aires version...

for a short time there was a special version on youtube of them playing it back in 89. too bad it got taken down. anyone else have it? i think it was taken in sydney...

Nice suggestions, but the best "All I Want Is You" has to be chosen from the LOVETOWN era (grrr, which I didn't attend, folks!) – there is no other possibility. Bono played second guitar, was performing inspired, as long as the voice allowed it. The best known version to me is definetly not from the more popular shows at Dublin or Rotterdam, but from the other side of the planet – if you look at it from Europe.
It is the last night in Osaka (December 1st, 1989): a special show with a special setlist and very intense performances – whatever you read about the eventual reasons for this setlist switching, this show has it all. And "All I Want Is You" (the last tune before '40') is a perfect example, even a beautiful performed snippet of "Sexual Healing" is inserted – and the band play on and on. No other version matches this emotional explosion.

ZOOTVTOURist said:
Nice suggestions, but the best "All I Want Is You" has to be chosen from the LOVETOWN era (grrr, which I didn't attend, folks!) – there is no other possibility. Bono played second guitar, was performing inspired, as long as the voice allowed it. The best known version to me is definetly not from the more popular shows at Dublin or Rotterdam, but from the other side of the planet – if you look at it from Europe.
It is the last night in Osaka (December 1st, 1989): a special show with a special setlist and very intense performances – whatever you read about the eventual reasons for this setlist switching, this show has it all. And "All I Want Is You" (the last tune before '40') is a perfect example, even a beautiful performed snippet of "Sexual Healing" is inserted – and the band play on and on. No other version matches this emotional explosion.

You've got me breathing heavy!! Where might I obtain Lovetown and Osaka Dec.1 1989.

Thanks in advance!! :hyper:

Yep, u2start is a nice try, I guess. I bought the gig in those glorious early 90ies days, where these kind of CDs were officially available in normal record stores. A great double CD with a very special sound – just listen to it and enjoy the best "All I Want Is You" ever...

Back
Top Bottom