** All Get On Your Boots VIDEO Discussion HERE ** (No DL Links Please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of the video?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the getty images watermark and this delay...chances are this video is a very well done fake. Which would suck. And if the chances are good that the fake is better than the real deal...they've got quite an issue on their hands. :doh:

A well done fake? Umm... that's a stretch. I think the getty watermark is intentional for the following reasons:

1) Seriously, how could you fail to notice it if you're working with these images putting this together?
2) At the 1:57 mark the lady in black moves under the getty watermark (so the watermark text was lifted and put back on the moving image).
3) Maybe it's all a poetic piece to show how everyone sees all the problems in the world through stock imagery fed by "the media". Maybe the backgrounds have a feeling of collections of stock photos for a reason.

BTW - The "You don't know how beautiful you are" part is a shout out to ALL women everywhere.
Great message for a lot of girls and women who don't ever feel good enough/pretty enough.

i will say absolutely not... and i will add that if the point of that lyric was a fastball, not only did you just swing and miss, but hte bat flew out of your hand, went straight up in the air and came down and hit you in the head, knocking you unconscious.

How on earth can this be faked?! :huh:

yes, they faked the band performing a song that no one has ever seen performed before.

are you nuts?

Haa. Maybe I'm nuts, yes. It would have to be an inside job, obviously - the band performed in front of a blue screen which would allow anyone who has access to that video to put whatever they want behind it. OR, they just want to remove the watermark (probably more likely).

Better? :hug:

Ok well I don't think there's any chance that it's fake. The person would have to have access to all the raw footage of them performing the song for the real video...way too much proper stuff there.

What's most likely imo is that somehow (which is reallllly hard to fathom), someone missed the "Getty Images" watermark and it has to be removed for copyright reasons. Because unless that is a blatant statement, there is no reason to use a watermarked image in a professional video..

BTW...now that I've seen the video, I agree with Headache..the song is growing on me!

Ok well I don't think there's any chance that it's fake. The person would have to have access to all the raw footage of them performing the song for the real video...way too much proper stuff there.

What's most likely imo is that somehow (which is reallllly hard to fathom), someone missed the "Getty Images" watermark and it has to be removed for copyright reasons. Because unless that is a blatant statement, there is no reason to use a watermarked image in a professional video..

BTW...now that I've seen the video, I agree with Headache..the song is growing on me!

Probably right. And if it was an inside deal...lawsuit, being fired or trusted in any other job. Not worth it....

It's not a fake, somebody jumped the gun and released this before band authorization. It's most likely a work in progress, hence the Getty watermarks, and there are some blind frames in between edits..single black frames. So it's not the final product. I'm guessing this is the video that was supposed to air after the one that was going to premiere today.

The screw up makes sense why they delayed the video.

how can it be a screw up? we need to know where eastlink sourced this video from before we presume it's a screw up. If this was from weeks and weeks ago, okay they were looking for clearance. If it's a leak of what has been sent out to media outlets (likely) then they can't have missed a huge "GETTY"..

How could someone professional miss that when most of us spotted it in 1 non-HD viewing? :scratch:

easy...

"great video chaps... you're going to take those watermarkings off, right?"

ohhhh yea yea yea that's just a temporary thing, a placeholder really... we'll replace that

"ok whew... that would be embarassing"

tell me about it... anyways let's go to happy hour!

i designed a 30 page brochure for my work one time, put my own cell phone number in at one point as a placeholder until i got the real phone number... completely forgot that i had done it, proof read the thing a million times, had a dozen other people proof read it, and never remembered... low and behold the brochure went out with my own cell phone number in it instead of the real one.

i only got two phone calls, which was a relief.

i designed a 30 page brochure for my work one time, put my own cell phone number in at one point as a placeholder until i got the real phone number... completely forgot that i had done it, proof read the thing a million times, had a dozen other people proof read it, and never remembered... low and behold the brochure went out with my own cell phone number in it instead of the real one.

i only got two phone calls, which was a relief.

:giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom