** All Get On Your Boots VIDEO Discussion HERE ** (No DL Links Please!) - Page 67 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: What do you think of the video?
Love it 496 85.22%
Hate it 13 2.23%
It's Ok 73 12.54%
Voters: 582. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #991
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas and around the Texas Triangle
Posts: 13,962
Local Time: 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonExplorer View Post
Sure it is. Old men playing instruments. Same camera work. Bono using the same stances. Edge wearing the same clothes. It's like they took the boys out of the Vertigo video and added all that other shit to make a new video.

And I meant what I said about Adam. The man has aged really well. Some of you point to Larry Mullen as the hottie, but he's faking it all the way.
You sound like those people who say that Edge is the worst guitarist ever because he doesn't play hour-long trillion-note-per-minute guitar solos that do nothing at all to make the song better but are OMG AWESOME.
__________________

__________________
digitize is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #992
War Child
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: houston,tx,usa
Posts: 645
Local Time: 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
You sound like those people who say that Edge is the worst guitarist ever because he doesn't play hour-long trillion-note-per-minute guitar solos that do nothing at all to make the song better but are OMG AWESOME.
Well, that doesn't really have anything to do with what I said about the video, but I am one of those people who think the Edge is overrated. We'll save that for another discussion.
__________________

__________________
GibsonExplorer is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #993
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas and around the Texas Triangle
Posts: 13,962
Local Time: 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonExplorer View Post
Well, that doesn't really have anything to do with what I said about the video, but I am one of those people who think the Edge is overrated. We'll save that for another discussion.
Yeah, Bono, Adam and Larry are pretty terrible, too.
__________________
digitize is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #994
Refugee
 
zoocarolina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
Posts: 1,316
Local Time: 01:37 PM
OVERRATED, that them be fightin words you hear!!!
__________________
zoocarolina is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #995
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dan_smee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 12,817
Local Time: 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonExplorer View Post
Well, that doesn't really have anything to do with what I said about the video, but I am one of those people who think the Edge is overrated. We'll save that for another discussion.
pffft.

WTF is he doing here then?

I hate people who just question edge because he isn't the fanciest guitarist in the land.

The guy is note-perfect just about every night, and being a great guitarist isn't about playing the fanciest licks, its about being fit-for purpose. It's like buying a tub of ice-cream to eat on the beach, and instead of bringing your own spoon, you spend 4 million bucks on a spoon you are just going to throw away at the end of the picnic.

Listen to Street Misssion. He was 18, been playing guitar for just over 2 years.

He doenst play rediculous solos because they ruin the overall song experience. A band is much more than just a guitarist.

"edge is overrated" "Goyb sucks" :"goyb video sucks" "my wife is a bitch"

Dude, you love creating enemies. Your wife is one lucky girl

It's not so much that you air opinions, just that you are delibrately obstructive, you argue and moan about the most trivial garbage things, then you make statements designed specifically to incite a response.

Here is your response. Grow up and discuss your opinions like an adult and stop creating problems with everyone you encounter.
__________________
dan_smee is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #996
New Yorker
 
PowerSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: somewhere up in the ether
Posts: 2,992
Local Time: 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonExplorer View Post
Well, that doesn't really have anything to do with what I said about the video, but I am one of those people who think the Edge is overrated. We'll save that for another discussion.

And I think Barbasol is underrated.....what's your point?
__________________
PowerSurge is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #997
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,673
Local Time: 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonExplorer View Post
Sure it is. Old men playing instruments. Same camera work. Bono using the same stances. Edge wearing the same clothes. It's like they took the boys out of the Vertigo video and added all that other shit to make a new video.

And I meant what I said about Adam. The man has aged really well. Some of you point to Larry Mullen as the hottie, but he's faking it all the way.
If anyone ever had any doubts as to if you were trolling or not, then this should seal the deal for them...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #998
War Child
 
ndmaxfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Tampa (physically), New York City (mentally)
Posts: 566
Local Time: 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonExplorer View Post
Sure it is. Old men playing instruments. Same camera work. Bono using the same stances. Edge wearing the same clothes. It's like they took the boys out of the Vertigo video and added all that other shit to make a new video.
It's no worse than seeing Janet Jackson's head morph into a bunch of other faces...or fans lip-syncing to the Chili Peppers...or Chris Martin "walk backwards."

There are only so many ways you can hold a guitar and stand in front of a microphone!

p.s. - For the Vertigo video, I thought the band was really standing in the middle of that swirly thing. You've spoiled my fun by revealing that they just made them stand there and added scenery in the background (I'll think twice the next time I watch another music video). Gosh darn it...
__________________
ndmaxfield is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #999
The Fly
 
RaceAgainstTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 179
Local Time: 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndmaxfield View Post

p.s. - For the Vertigo video, I thought the band was really standing in the middle of that swirly thing. You've spoiled my fun by revealing that they just made them stand there and added scenery in the background (I'll think twice the next time I watch another music video). Gosh darn it...
you mean they really weren't in a place called vertigo?
__________________
RaceAgainstTime is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #1000
War Child
 
ndmaxfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Tampa (physically), New York City (mentally)
Posts: 566
Local Time: 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAgainstTime View Post
you mean they really weren't in a place called vertigo?
Apparently not.
__________________
ndmaxfield is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #1001
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dan_smee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 12,817
Local Time: 04:37 AM
^ you just blew. my. mind!
__________________

__________________
dan_smee is offline  
 

Tags
get on your boots video, goyb video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com