** All Get On Your Boots VIDEO Discussion HERE ** (No DL Links Please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of the video?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opps! A little sloppy image work.

1:53-2:05 - three "Getty Images" watermarks.

Unless that was intentional...................somehow I doubt it.

What's weird is one of the watermarks is on top of a moving image... like they intentionally put that watermark over it. I think it's the second time you see the watermark; the subject of the picture moves, but the watermark stays stationary - at the 1:57 mark.

wow.

well for the first time when hearing the lead single from u2 i was left with a "huh, wait what? do i like that?" feeling for a few days... didn't have that "yea, that's fucking right" excited feeling that i normaly get from a u2 single..

until now. that video rules.

it confirms, at least to me, that the song is political in nature and the "you" in reference is the United States... the stars and stripes are readily visable behind the band in a lot of the video, wrapped around various icons.

it reminds me of the first time i saw the Do The Evolution video. that rocked :rockon:

that let me in the sound segment gets me so pumped up it almost makes me tear up

and i love the fit bono's throwing at the very start and the bow at the end

I wonder if the Getty Images thing was intentional, a nod to people on the net that look at pictures of U2 that have that water mark on them.

Maybe it was a shout out to Pleba!

Anyway, it was a really good video.

Well, whatever is or isn't the meaning of the video I really like it (especially the boots) and the end of the clip is extremely cool. I find U2 video's usually kind of boring but this is getting my blood flowing. An A+ for effort and execution.

A FUCKING HOME RUN!!!!!

I didn't really care for the song a week ago but have grown to love it. After watching that video I'm sold on the new U2.

U2009!!!!

I posted this in the other GOYB Video thread, but this is definitely interesting:

headshot.jpg

Notice a similarity in those two profiles? :hmm:

yeah the edges mini solo definitely has a 60's psychedelia sound added to it, i hope its on the album

Just watched it the 5th time in a row and my heart pumps a little faster each time. I'm almost in tears because I've waited 15 years for this U2 to show up again.:drool:

its crazy how every still shot could probably be dissected for little messages

for example that still shows that star on the medal of honor located in the same spot on the statue but instead its a head shot, so maybe theyre asking us what good is a medal of honor if you dont live to recieve it? who is the government to tell us what honor is? and at what lengths do we have to go to to get honor? also, that star is the same as the one on bono's new wraparound shades, located suspiciously near the same location as both stars (medal and blood) in that still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom