** All Get On Your Boots VIDEO Discussion HERE ** (No DL Links Please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of the video?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
too late. already have it. Great video. The song comes to life just like the fly did in 1992. WOW! Cant wait for the album!

Oh I'm surprised this version is out too.
It's not th1ng's version but Alex Courtes' version.

I don't understand that, Sicy. Is she saying that the current video is HER version or is it Courtes' version?

Sicy, did you let her know that we all love the video and that's it's being recieved very well by the online U2 community????:heart::drool::applaud::up::hyper:

Is it possible that there is only ONE video? I mean, Alex Courtes might have filmed the band and the military ladies with the Sexy Boots, while the girl Sicy is speaking with has provided the animated elements of the video?

That's my current theory!

I dont understand.

So what is going to be the official video:

Courtest version (the one that leaked) or the th1ng's version (same footage but with a bit poppy animations)?

I don't understand that, Sicy. Is she saying that the current video is HER version or is it Courtes' version?

she is saying the current video is not her's. Her's is the one with animation.

yeah, I would assume she's saying that the one we have is the Courtes version....

Fake video???:huh:

Are you fucking serious?

Thats one of the dumbest things I've read.

Haaa. Man, I'm getting crucified. Haaa.

I know, I know. It's probably not fake. I admitted it's a stretch and probably being delayed either a)because of the watermarks - which a lot of people have provided good legit reasons why they're there or b) because of the leak.

It's not fake. :reject:

Well she wants all the pics and links taken down. But seeing as its ALL OVER the net right now, I dont see how that's possible.

I don't think you can stop this by youself. :wink: And I'm very guilty as charged.

Ah well, I'll privately share links from now on then I guess.

Interesting that it's a different version.

she is saying the current video is not her's. Her's is the one with animation.

Hers would be the one that we had 3 or 4 pictures of a few days ago, the one that everyone likened to Franz Ferdinand. That's my guess. Sucks for her, because the one we have is very similar to that idea and judging from those stills, this one blows the "animated" one out of the water.

The one we have would appear to be the Courtes one----U2.com said that they had filmed girls in boots.

:shocked: That was not what I expected! It's actually really creative and kinda creepy.

I'm really glad that they did something different this time. :up:

Yeah, but isn't that the one that was supposed to be premiered today? I thought HER version would come later. So where's the problem?

Exactly. I'm not sure why she's involved with wanting this one down at all.

I dont know exactly, she registered here and I told her she could join in the discussion.

Maybe it's getting delayed because Bono messes up one of the verses...right before the submarine/gasoline part.

(sorry if this has been discussed).

I dont know exactly, she registered here and I told her she could join in the discussion.

Did she say that this version was hers or the Courtes one....or was she unclear to you, as well?

The timing was unfortunate for the animator.

For me - and I think for a lot of other Interferencers at least - Courtes's GOYB just became THE GOYB. They might have done a coordinated release if they really wanted them to be on equal footing... but it seems from the start the band may have seen the animated one as a neat add-on.

And that's absolutely OK with me. The more the merrier.

The Courtes version was defo the one that was due to be shown on UK TV tonight.

Seems quite obvious to me that the leak has made whoever aware of the schoolboy error, and that why the Irish Inde has it delayed and that ITV is no longer got it on their listings.

Why? Because this has happened at the same time of the leak. And I can't imagine why any version would just have a couple of frames watermaked - surely all or nothing.

'Hers' must be the alt version saved for a much later date.

The timing was unfortunate for the animator.

For me - and I think for a lot of other Interferencers at least - Courtes's GOYB just became THE GOYB. They might have done a coordinated release if they really wanted them to be on equal footing... but it seems from the start the band may have seen the animated one as a neat add-on.

And that's absolutely OK with me. The more the merrier.

I was under the impression that that was the intention all along. U2.com mentioned the Courtes version once or twice when they filmed it, and this animator woman herself mentioned that hers would come out second.

Interesting that hers apparently uses the same video footage---Bono wearing the same exact shirt, etc. It could re-raise the question of whether or not hers is real at all. I was thinking about this yesterday...aside from the fact that several people thought that her stills looked like they could be fake, she kept talking on her blog about "Bono likes it" as opposed to "the band like it," which struck me as odd....:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom