All Because of You sounds like...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TitaMan

The Fly
Hey all,

Don't know if this has been stated before...All Because of You sounds alot like "Substitute" by The Who. Same chorus structure and similar phrasing. Bono impersonates the vocal chorus to a tee...

No wonder they called it a love song to the Who.

Just an observation...

Great observation! That probably explains why Bono, at their "Under the Brooklyn Bridge" show, introduced the song as "a love song to The Who."

listen to the encore of Vertigo from the Brookyln Bridge...just after Bono says "this is for us" does that riff sound familiar?

fandangamoq said:

I thought his riff for Vertigo was inspired by his riff for Native Son...:wink:

~A.j.~

logically, the rif for Vertigo is not inspired by the riff for Native son, since it is the same riff...

TitaMan said:
Hey all,

Don't know if this has been stated before...All Because of You sounds alot like "Substitute" by The Who. Same chorus structure and similar phrasing. Bono impersonates the vocal chorus to a tee...

No wonder they called it a love song to the Who.

Just an observation...

Where Can I find this song mate ?

Vertigo's riff is more similiar to the riff Sonic Youth uses in "Dirty Boots" than to anything else I can think of.

Just listening to the live versions of 'Last Night On Earth' again -- All Because Of You sounds a lot like it.

Only last night on earth is much much better.

I actually like the alternate version of ABOY a lot more then the album version, anyone else got the same thing?

The alternate version of ABOY is even more Who-inspired. That's probably why I love it so much :rockon:

europop2005 said:
listen to the encore of Vertigo from the Brookyln Bridge...just after Bono says "this is for us" does that riff sound familiar?

Yeah, Edge definitely plays a short part of Won't Get Fooled Again there. Not surprising, considering Bono and Edge have both said that their early ambition was to be the next Who.

Substitute :up:

I saw The Who play Philly in September and I believe they opened the encore with Substitute. Outstanding.

Substitute...me for him
Substitute...my Coke for gin

Damn, now it will be stuck in my head all day.

I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth...

Anyway, I do see the similarities and agree with the original poster.

Back
Top Bottom