All because of you live is bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not U2's greatest, but not their worst either. I think it was OK live. My major problem with it was it opening the encore a majority of the time. I think it should have been the 2nd or 3rd song played at the beginning and not part of an encore. That would have worked better. The few times they played it early in the setlist I thought it worked better from the pacing perspective.

This song had so much potential and was great on the album, but I must agree it was dreadful live. It had no balls. It needed Bono on guitar, and definitely not on the tambourine (a few timing issues were audible).

elevated_u2_fan said:

:up:

Reminds me of Dave Gahan's mesmerizing/disturbing rhythmic clapping in the "I Feel You" video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlQHN5ZDfjU

I saw them twice live during that tour, and he did that damn clapping thing(except much higher above his head) for like 3 or 4 songs. But the funny thing is he would get the whole fucking arena doing the same damn goofy thing. I turned to my friend and said, "that's the definition of charisma, when you can get a whole arena full of people to do something as uncool as that, you're the shit." It's still running joke between he and I...

Other than that, a great tour.

At the subject at hand, I've never really liked the song. Live or album, it had some potential lyrically(except the tortuise line) given the double meaning of the chorus. And musically it had SOME rock potential, but it never came all together...

it's one of the few songs on the album that lived up to bono's bullshit claim of "we're making a rock album". it ,may not be "perfect" in some people's eyes/ears, but i'll take it over that sorry Native Son rip-off they tried to pass off as a U2 song.

p.s. i'm still waiting for a live performance of Drowning Man:drool:

elevated_u2_fan said:
Reminds me of Dave Gahan's mesmerizing/disturbing rhythmic clapping in the "I Feel You" video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlQHN5ZDfjU

I only watched the bit toward the beginning where he did that loose-limbed clap ... it's like he's clapping his wrists and not his hands.

Knowing when that album came out, and knowing what we do about Mr. Gahan, I'd say we could blame heroin.

Drugs make you clap stupid, kids!

same goes for Vertigo

popacrobat said:
i never understand why people hate this song. this time four years ago, people were demanding U2 ROCKED out. So they wrote all because of you which is one of the more rockier songs that they have in their canon. are the lyrics silly at times? sure. but i don't really see what's wrong with that. not everything has to be deep and serious.

if you don't like it, that's fine. i just find it to be really funny that everybody was up in arms about wanting U2 to ROCK again because All That You Can't Leave Behind was too soft, and then All Because of You comes out and everybody on here hates it. cracks me up every time.

QFT

I did and still do like it a lot – "All Because Of You" rocked the house in East Rutherford 1st night, when Bono picked up the tambourine and quoted Dylan's classic tune, too.
Really I don't understand, why people who always wish for "Edge has to be on fire", "We want straight forward rock songs" etc. do have a problem with this fast paced, earth shaking song.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom