"All Because of You" leaked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrBrau1 said:

They've been nailed for "recording" a tune. That's all it could mean. Which mean someone from/ or related to the band is watching U2 fan boards.

Or, more likely, someone was watching the studio.

:confused: Why letting fans if it's not OK?

Well there is still hope that we'll hear something. Those folks are working on it. They said you can definately hear the guitar riffs and the lyrics. They're trying to separate the audio from the video.

ramblin rose said:

Although, in yesterdays trip entry they said that Sam had told them not to come back and to respect the band's work? I'm not exactly sure how to interpret that.

I'd assume they're in between wanting fans to keep interest alive, by accomodating us as much as possible, but still hoping we all use some common sense and not harrass them or become too annoying by constantly hanging around and being pests.

Who knows though really. They'd get so many hanging around being arses. It must be a bit tiring.

ramblin rose said:
Well there is still hope that we'll hear something. Those folks are working on it. They said you can definately hear the guitar riffs and the lyrics. They're trying to separate the audio from the video.

This really sounds to me like total bogus crap.
How difficult is it to "separate" audio from video?
All you need is a jack from video into audio.

djerdap said:
Supposedly the new single is very hard rock and it sounds like nothing U2 have done in the past.

I hope they aren't turning heavy metal on us...

U2girl said:

Or, more likely, someone was watching the studio.

:confused: Why letting fans if it's not OK?

I have a bit of a problem with all this. Just because the band take fans into the studios doesnt give anyone any right to tape the work thats taking place there.
To be honest I am a bit surprised that they allowed ANYONE to tape anything, it also concerns me regarding Sam's comments. That could be read as people being a nuisance, i really hope not.

I will be interested to see whats happening down there on Tuesday when we go. :eyebrow:

I wouldn't assume they ALLOWED anyone to tape the music. It could have been done secretly, and probably was. That would explain why they are miffed, and asked those people not to come back.

MrBrau1 said:

They've been nailed for "recording" a tune. That's all it could mean. Which mean someone from/ or related to the band is watching U2 fan boards.

Very likely, if a recording did exist, these people got busted.
That's what it sounds like. It could be Sam realized somewhat
was up, and banned them from the studio.
I doubt very much that U2 want songs they're working on
to be "leaked." ( see Axtung Beibi outtakes)
Artists and/or their management often lurk on music boards and chat rooms.
I wouldn't be surprised at all, if this site is monitored by
either PM, their PR dept, and maybe U2 as well.
I know on AOL, in the olden days, some artists would set up
chat rooms posing as some alias. (Pretty sure Ted Nugent did
this a few times)
Who knows maybe the next time a "newbie" logs on here,
it could be U2 checking out stuff. :)

Last edited:
Bono's Tart said:

I have a bit of a problem with all this. Just because the band take fans into the studios doesnt give anyone any right to tape the work thats taking place there.

:shrug: Yes, but if you invite, for example 10 fans, can you really be sure none of them will try to record or find a leak? Also, how will you find out who taped if several people enter in a day?

And if they start searching everyone before they enter the studio fans will complain...

ATYCLB and AB (sort of) were leaked and they are among their best selling and best loved albums.

I don't think they let in that many people into the studios and it seems they are playing back the music thru little speakers and not the cd quality. I'm sure some leak will come out but i bet it will be an insider doing it on purpose withe bands blessings, not a fan. Remember this is good publicity for them because the fans do all the publisizing.

I think releasing snippets will do better for this album then the last one because if the songs are heavy then people will hear clips and their imaginations will go crazy, kinda like the way we all are here waiting for the album. :wink:

Last edited:
EvolutionMonkey: considering how quickly the label went into action when Salome outtakes came out and that they banned people from the studio leaking this time, I don't think U2 would leak any unfinished material.
If they want to leak, there's no point in preventing the fans from it.

For some pictures of their encounter you can go here:

http://www.u2eastlink.com/noticias/

God, they really seemed to make the rounds, they met O'Herlihy (sp?), Lillywhite, Dallas, U2. The pictures are great.

Apparently they played the snippet (if it exists) at their meetup today in Valencia. Someone who heard it said it sounds incredible.

The guys who taped it are afraid that if they post it on the internet, it will be disrespectful to the band.

Also, it seems they did not tape it while inside the studio but via a digital camera from the back of studio, since they are playing very loudly and have all of the windows open.

Well, that's another disappointment. After so much time of waiting, they don't want to leak it on the net. Looks like that question mark in the title of this thread will stay for good. Unless the guys show us some mercy...

ramblin rose said:

Apparently they played the snippet (if it exists) at their meetup today in Valencia. Someone who heard it said it sounds incredible.

The guys who taped it are afraid that if they post it on the internet, it will be disrespectful to the band.

But it wasn't "disrespectful" to tape it and then play it for a fan meeting. :rolleyes:

damn. I can understand why they wont make the entire song available for download, but what if they just put up 30 seconds of it or something?

wishful thinking I guess...

to be honest, if i had a 30 second clip of the song, i don't think i'd share on the internet, just because i'd feel special having it all to myself. i'm also a proven asshole.

Just FYI

The snippet recorded is 2:30 (one snippet 2:00 and 30" from a second take). The song is All because of you. Apparently, they were recording the vocal part, as the song was recorded and Bono singing over the song again ang again.

They let us hear the song this morning and showed the fotos, that can be found on East Link (we had a meetup to take a beer).
I really can't judge from a 2:30, but I'd say the guitar really sounds like the Irving Plaza version of "We won't get fooled again". But is not hard rock or something like that. I'd say it's something like Electrical Storm (classical U2 with powerful guitars), but nothing really hard rock.

The song was NOT a leak from a studio version but it was taped from OUTSIDE the studio. The quality is not good but is not as bad as I expected. Sam told the guys to respect their work (I guess not to hear and try to tape the wirking progress). They are still deciding if publish the MP3 or not because of this, Sam explicitly said them to RESPECT the work and the band and crew was very kind with letting them to go inside the studio. That is the reason they don't want to put the MP3 online, and respect the band. It seems very reasonable to me, but in this case I wouldn't have said pucblicly that I had the sample.

Again, this is just a ROUGH impression of a short sample. Don't get obsessed with this. I'm sure we will have more samples soon from studio recordings. Also, this audio could be a demo, too, and not the final version.

PS 1: I see nobody has pointed this yet, but they had a private interview with Steve Averill at Four5One (photo in East Link) and he told them the cover would be probably in black and white, like last album was (this is bad news to me!!)

PS2 : Some guys from U2tour.de were also there. They can prove this is true.

redbook said:

PS 1: I see nobody has pointed this yet, but they had a private interview with Steve Averill at Four5One (photo in East Link) and he told them the cover would be probably in black and white, like last album was (this is bad news to me!!)

Yeah I was hoping for a more colourful cover this time too. Ah well. I really hope it's a powerful image; one of those classic album covers, ala Dark Side of the Moon, Exile on Main St, Abbey Road, etc.

Their black and white covers are classsics..(see War; Joshua Tree; ATYCLB). The wait for this album is just killing people isn't it? I mean to be fretting over the color or lack of for the cover???? As if it really implies anything about the album.....:rolleyes:

If I were them, I wouldn't share it either. The band let them go in, met them all and everything and they were lucky enough to hear and record the song.

Plus they can also say that theyre the only ones in the world with the recording so, that can be pretty cool for them.l Just because somebody else has something that we dont and we know about it doesnt mean we have to get mad at them for not sharing. I would do the same exact thing

Well, the plot thickens. It seems like the people over at the Eastlink forum are kind of pissed that the guys had to say they had the snippet in the 1st place and now are not going to post it. (Similar to the comments here).

(It's funny; it seems that these are the same 2 guys that painted the "Less Holidays, More Work" on the wall outside HQ.)

Anyway, in response 1 of the guys said that they will post it in a couple of more days.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

ramblin rose said:
(It's funny; it seems that these are the same 2 guys that painted the "Less Holidays, More Work" on the wall outside HQ.)

Yes, they are the same guys who painted that (one month ago). Steve Lillywhite confessed that the painting impressed the Edge, and they were taking now more serious (he didn't know these guys were the actual "authors" of that). LOL

Any yes they will put probably the sample in a few days. They even had a video recording from inside the studio, until Sam told them to stop taping. I don't thin ktehey put this.

Hey ramblin, do you read the East Link forum? I see you are from Texas!

Redbook, thanks for the info. So, can you answer me a few questions about the song? For instance, could you recognize some of the lyrics? Was Bono's voice good? Did Edge seem restrained or was the guitar very strong?

Back
Top Bottom