All because of you in Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BizzaD

The Fly
Does anyone know if all because of you is being released as a CD single in australia?? Cause i can't find any info on it.

It was on rage friday night though.......... If so how do you think it will go? chart wise?

BizzaD

I have no idea
Not very well
Badly

PS I dont understand why Rage is playing a song that is not released. Not unless they're going to release the single weeks after the video like U2 did with the other two singles :slant:

1. I suppose so, but maybe not cos u2 hates the southern hemisphere. (With the exception of 3rd world countries)

2. Quite poorly. If it had been released earlier (like second, maybe third single) then maybe okay-ish, but now nobody except u2 fans could care less what u2 are doing.

They played a preview of the clip on 'so fresh.' You know that teeny bopper music show

I agree, I don't know why they'd bother releasing it. If city of blinding lights didn't even make the top 30 (shame Australia :tsk:) there's no way ABOY would.

Coucou06.gif

The album has done quite well from a strictly commercial viewpoint. It was all top heavy - Vertigo/Release sales - but a very healthy overall figure. Made absolutely zero headway in a cultural sense, which is more the shame for me when it comes to a U2 album, but fuck, you all know my opinion on the album and why I'd suggest that that happened, and the tanking of the singles, is not a surprise to me...

I was more commenting on the "bomb" pun. :wink:

It sold what I would think is the bare minimum a U2 album could sell at this point. Without knowing the figures I'm 90% sure ATYCLB will outsell it when it runs it course (if there is no tour - which would complicate things with the Lovetown Effect).

U2 have a pretty good following down here, a whole lot of people that will buy the album first or second week... but then there was nothing to back it up. The charting figures reflect that from memory it went 1-3-5-6-down the toilet.

LAPOE would maybe possibly do somthing - their best bet... very topical.

It's a very weak album. I've mounted a dozen 10 paragraph rants on that, and won't again, but I stand by it. It's a near perfect pop-rock FM radio album (and each song gets huge airplay as they should), but it's by U2 and that is it's curse. Middle of the road U2 pop-rock anthems on the radio are not going to sell albums. City of Blinding Lights, Sometimes, All Because of You - they all land smack in the middle of an expectation, they don't exceed it. It would be taken for granted that there's a new U2 song and it's kind of okay, or it's 'nice' or it 'rocks', but it's not leaping out of the speakers and slapping them across the face and saying "FUCK! Where did this come from!" While a quick glance at the Australian album sales chart or the playlists of the major FM stations may suggest otherwise, the Australian music listening and buying market, as a whole, are very smart and savvy. Compare those charts and playlists to the US market for one, then remember we are also Triple J-tuned, a thing like the Big Day Out is part of our 16-30 culture etc etc. We do very well, a country that for the most part is very interested in new things musically and knows quality. For U2 to have any real impact here ever again - not 'Bon Jovi' impact (huge band doing what we know they do) but real critical and cultural impact - middle of the road pop-rock singles are certainly not the way to go. Got to chop that shit down and start again. U2 do have a huge base here, most people love them, but this album hasn't meant a thing. It's just.... empty...

I agree with Love and Peace. Perfect choice for Australia.

i've only recently become a U2 fan ( it's for real though I assure you) and I was quite surprised when I found out that they had released a few singles this year. I hadn't heard any of them especially COBL. Perhaps if U2 acctually came to Australia...

Though I did read on the So Fresh website (shocking, I know but I had to see if the video for ABOY was near) and they had it under future releases with Delta Goodrem etc. It was one of the highlights but I don't know how well it will actually go.

Back
Top Bottom