All Because Of You & TRL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James U2

The Fly
i don't even remember what channel MTV is, let alone watch it consistently, but i was wondering if All Because Of You had made the top 10 countdown on TRL.

anyone know?

james

I haven't seen ABOY on TRL recently. It's mainly all hiphop, shitty R&B and Lindsay Lohan videos anymore. :shrug:

Fuse's Daily Download often has it, and MTV2's Rock Countdown does. Also, so does VH1's Top 20 Countdown.

cmon, TRL couontdown is filled with "artists" like Good Charlotte, Jess & Ashlee Simpson and so on... WTF would U2 do there??

You can say what you want about Carson Daly, but he would talk U2 up to the kids whenever he got a chance. He was practically licking their boots when they made a TRL appearance in 2000.

The people hosting the show now are probably too young to give a shit about U2 (or don't feel strongly enough about them) to speak on the band's behalf. And the higher-ups certainly aren't going to force it down anyone's throat.

Considering all the other artists that have been relegated to VH-1, U2 shouldn't feel so bad. And VH-1 is playing stuff like Green Day, so veteran bands like R.E.M. aren't even getting much airplay over there. After the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame airs on the same channel, they will own that station.

laz

yeah i agree that carson daly loved them. i remember when U2 announced the elevation tour on trl a few years back carson asked the cardboard cutout of adam if he thought that any of today's bands would sustain the same kind of career that U2 had. after a few seconds of cardboard cutout silence, carson replied, "i think i'll have to agree with you on that." or something to that effect.

but back to my original post, i know that U2 doesn't at all fit in with the trl crowd, but i thought that this song and video might U2's best chance from this album to crack that list. and hey, if u2 can pop trl, then the apocalypse must be nigh.

james

When you listen to new album there are 3-4 songs that should go in top20 if not top10
Vertigo-Sometimes-City of blinding lights-All because of you- some would say Yahweh
but that's personal matter

ABOY play on MTV...

Believe it or not, ABOY is in pretty heavy rotation at MTV. It also debuted on the MTV Top 20 countdown last week. It has been on the "Top 5" TRL countdown at least 3 times.

MTV2 has Vertigo sliding down their top 20 rock videos, falling to 11 as of last week, but it got NO plays, while ABOY was added into the rotation for the first time on M2.

Vertigo had a great run on VH1 and then fell to 15 two weeks ago before disappearing. Not sure if ABOY debuted two weeks ago or not, but it is at #11 this week, likely to hit #1 like Vertigo.

While Vertigo got played heavily on M2, it was not on TRL to my knowledge and it did not make the MTV top 20 videp countdown. ABOY has done this, maybe if only because the whole video was sponsored by MTV jammed.

At the VMAs in 2001, Carson Daly delivered a passionate speech about U2 right before giving them the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award. The speech was really inspirational and you can tell he spoke from the heart. I have it on tape.

Pero said:
When you listen to new album there are 3-4 songs that should go in top20 if not top10
Vertigo-Sometimes-City of blinding lights-All because of you- some would say Yahweh
but that's personal matter

How come Miracle Drug isn't a single? It rocks and is so uplifting.

Back
Top Bottom