All Becasue of You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I enjoy the alternate version much more, it should have ended up on the album because its just so much more exciting than the original. It has more of a 'balls to the wall' feel which I think is what the tracks going for. Its more all out and less restrained.

The alternate version wins, simply because its lyrics are much less stupid.

The alternate version is the one with the riff-less chorus? I don't care for that one much.

I used to think the alt version was better, but really I like the album one more for the lyrics and the intro. However, the guitars are more raw sounding on the alt version.

gman said:
The alternate version is more rocky and raw, but the chorus is the weakest link IMHO

Probably the first thing Lillywhite fixed (or broke, depending on your preference).

mandrake said:
I like the album one more for the lyrics

:huh:

I really cannot comprehend how the album version's lyrics could possibly be considered superior to the alternate version's.

"All Because Of You" (Early mix)

Next to it
I was so close to it
I had the universe decoded
And the atom split

I hear you say my, oh my
You know I can’t touch the ground
And I have no love left in me
Just salt in my eye

All because of you
All because of you
All because of you
I’m down, I’m down

The thunder’s loud
But the sun is shining
Up above the cloud
It’s not the noise
It’s the deafening silence
That drowns God out

You say I should go for help
But I can’t go go to nobody else
You’re like a river flowing underground
I can feel you when you’re not around

All because of you
It’s all because of you
All because of you
I’m down, I’m down

Oh, child
You’re all mine
Slow tickin’ heart
You mow down
No more, no more
Yeah

I’m alive
I’m being born
I just arrived
I’m at the door
Of the place I started out from
I want back inside

All because of you
All because of you
All because of you

Hmm, some of the lyrics are a little more interesting than on the album version, but the main part just sounds like random singing. Maybe the album version should have been a mix of both lyrics, but without the screaming, that could have worked.

Finally heard the alternate version - the verses are interesting, i like the falsettos and all, but the main problem is still there - NO CHORUS. The chorus sucks on both versions. They could've done a lot better. I would've scrapped the whole "All Because Of You' angle and just started from scratch, with a different lyrical and melodic approach. But as far as the verses go, I prefer the alternate. Seems a bit more alive. And no intellectual tortoise to be found.

Thank-you, AtomicBoy! :)

I think I prefer the less polished sound of the alternate version despite the lack of chorus... it does sound more alive... however, still not one of my favs... but still, thank-you for posting the link, AtomicBoy!

AchtungGirl219 said:
Thank-you, AtomicBoy! :)

I think I prefer the less polished sound of the alternate version despite the lack of chorus... it does sound more alive... however, still not one of my favs... but still, thank-you for posting the link, AtomicBoy!

no problem achtunggirl :wink:

Back
Top Bottom