All Along the Watchtower live again, please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addicted To Bad

Refugee
... lost on the Horizon staring at the sun!
After NOT feeling shivers while listening a U2 song I finally could say to myself: "Wow!!...this is the power of Bono´s voice I love to feel and listen to".. while driving my car and listening by chance this song in a very, very loud way (Rattle and Hum - live). It made my trip wonderful... yeah!

This song was only snippet during ZOO TV tour and Elevation, but I reaaaally hope to have it live again for the next tour... Well, I know it´s a dream, but... : :rolleyes:

"All I got is a red guitar
Three chords and the truth
The rest is up to you.:rockon:

I personally think 'Watchtower' is pretty poor on Rattle and Hum. I admire the idea of putting a first run-through on an album, but the execution leaves something to be desired (actually, most of that San Francisco free concert is awesome... but I still don't like the way they play -- and he sings -- 'Watchtower' at it).

If you hear them play it on the Lovetown tour it's much better than on the album (which was 'Joshua Tree' tour).

At this much of a remove, I don't think they're going to go back and play that song again. They could drop in a few covers, though...

I'd rather they dive into their own back catalogue moreso than drag up covers from the past. I'm hoping with the reissues that they stop denying their past. They did a bit of this on the Vertigo tour by playing Boy and October material (although all traces of that were gone towards the end of the tour) so here's hoping for more in future. I'd love to see them play stuff like In God's Country, The Unforgettable Fire, Hawkmoon 269 etc... over again.

I'd rather they dive into their own back catalogue moreso than drag up covers from the past. I'm hoping with the reissues that they stop denying their past. They did a bit of this on the Vertigo tour by playing Boy and October material (although all traces of that were gone towards the end of the tour) so here's hoping for more in future. I'd love to see them play stuff like In God's Country, The Unforgettable Fire, Hawkmoon 269 etc... over again.

In God´s Country, The UF, H269... these songs are really great but I´m sure they will never give us the pleasure to listen to them again... unfortunately.:hmm:

I could see them playing In God's Country and the Unforgettable Fire again, but probably not Hawkmoon.

In God´s Country, The UF, H269... these songs are really great but I´m sure they will never give us the pleasure to listen to them again... unfortunately.:hmm:

And that's exactly why?
"In God's Country" was performed in full acoustic versions during the 3rd leg of 2001. The three renditions were great, especially when Bono played a harp solo in the middle, too. Plus: The song was snippeted a numerous times.
"Hawkmoon 269" was played at least as a long, long snippet by a fan request in Cologne 2001. The performance linked with "Desire" plus "Running To Stand Still" could be easily regarded as the highlight of the night.

So, don't be too pessimistic, hm? I Keep my fingers crossed for "The Unforgettable Fire" ...

October and War are the only albums that I would really like them to play some songs from again (besides New Years Dat and Sunday ....)
Rejoice, Surrender, 2 hearts beat as one, I threw a brick

:up:

And that's exactly why?
"In God's Country" was performed in full acoustic versions during the 3rd leg of 2001. The three renditions were great, especially when Bono played a harp solo in the middle, too. Plus: The song was snippeted a numerous times.
"Hawkmoon 269" was played at least as a long, long snippet by a fan request in Cologne 2001. The performance linked with "Desire" plus "Running To Stand Still" could be easily regarded as the highlight of the night.

So, don't be too pessimistic, hm? I Keep my fingers crossed for "The Unforgettable Fire" ...

No..No..I´m not pessimistic. I think I´m just being a little realistic cause I think U2 is taken new directions and the old songs won´t take part of the future. The UF is one of my favorite..:drool:

Back
Top Bottom