Alien vs Predator vs U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miggy D

War Child
I thought I would join this whole 'vs' bandwagon, and provide a scenario:

The utterly crappy 'Alien vs Predator' stunk up theatres nationwide in the month of August. It had not only horrible writing and acting, but also horrible use of slow motion.

But what if U2 fans wrote it? If the Alien and the Predator not only faced off against each other, but also the legendary rock band U2, who would win, and why? And don't just post: "U2!!!!!" Why would they win, if they even did at all?

Would it be Edge's chiming guitar that eventually drove the harmonics-hating Aliens out of the temple? Or perhaps Bono's religiously-influenced lyrics would end up defeating the avowed atheistic Predators? Perhaps Larry's pounding drums sounded like war marches and frightened both species into submission? Or maybe the reverberations of Adam's bass shattered the intruders' rib cages?

It's all up to you. Let the battles begin.

-Mike

Last edited:
u2 is a great band and all, but how can they overcome the Alien's acid secretions? hmmm....im beginning to have my doubts. :eyebrow:

Bono and the Predator having an all-out deathmatch would be cool... though he probably wouldn't make it. Yes, it was a bad movie, but the Predator is one tough motha'.

lol. These responses made me laugh, big time. It's good to know we have some jokesters here. I would love to see the Predator and the Edge having a faux-bullfight, with the Predator making tiny little horns with his fingers while Edge solos on the guitar, both of them standing on a gigantic heart-shaped stage while Bono wails in the background, Adam smokes a cigerette, and Larry shows absolutely no emotion right before accidentally ending the song too early. But then the Edge would probably kill Larry, not the Predator. :wink:

Dude, this is the best thread EVER :lol:

See, here's what I think. Since Bono is the Sexy Messiah, he would unleash his sexiness upon them and they would become sexy and join the disciples of sexiness.

Or, y'know, Bono could be attempting to convert them while Edge, Adam, and Larry hit the aliens and predators with their instruments. That'd be so boss.

Since one of Bono's fans is Sigourney Weaver, which is Alien's MOTHER, all "Ridley" would have to say is, "Let them go!!!"
As for Predator...hmmm I think they could use the Giant Olive to topple over Predator while they play the remix of "Lemon" loudly, causing the Predator to lose focus while they escape in the Giant Lemon.
Hahaha. I really am a dork.

And by 'dork', you mean AWESOME!

These are exactly the kind of posts I wanted! This thread was never meant to be taken seriously. :wink:

And if anyone did take this thread seriously...well then they have serious mental issues.

...and all of their babies will be born completely naked.

Cheers.

the way i see it, u2 will use massive guitar riffs and huge sounds to scramble the really dodgy cheap mechanics used to control the aliens and they'll fall apart
i reckon Elevation Bono could then WOOOO-HOOOOO that 7ft2 guy straight out of predator suit who, when he realises that everyone can see his face and will forever know him as that crap guy in that godawful movie, he'll run a thousand miles and u2 will reign supreme!

I worked on Avp... please forgive me!

Never underestimate the power of the Popmart arch falling from the sky.

I think Bono would go into "politician mode" and tell Alien and Predator that they needed to focus on other worldly issues and stop all of the violence. Edge would roll his eyes and write a classic punk riff that would make all of us bow at his feet. Adam would stay in the background with Larry, both of them discussing how they weren't even supposed to be there today a-la Clerks. Bono would then talk Alien and Predator into settling their differences, dropping third world debt and donating their minimal film profits to DATA. Then they would all go out for a couple of pints where they would discuss everything except politics, music or movies.

Lame I know. :laugh: :up:

Lancemc said:
u2 is a great band and all, but how can they overcome the Alien's acid secretions? hmmm....im beginning to have my doubts. :eyebrow:

now we know the purpose of Bono's fly goggles.

I tink U2 would win but I'd still take da "mini-Ditka's" over anyone, even U2 Taaad.

surely Larry would just glare and tell them to FOAD...end of problem :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom