Alicia To Honor Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
New York City
Keep A Child Alive -- an organization started by Alicia Keys' to help children in Africa -- will honor Bono at its annual Black Ball October 25th in New York City. This is the latest of many occasions that Bono and Keys have come together: They recorded the charity single "Don't Give Up (Africa)" after first singing the song together at the 2005 Black Ball. And in May of this year, Bono and Keys both attended the premiere of the documentary, We Are Together, at the Tribeca Film Festival in NYC.

Maybe held at Lincoln Center.

ROADTRIP!!!

:wink:

BONO TO TALK TO MORTGAGE BANKERS
October 16th at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston.

Last edited:
JCOSTER said:
Keep A Child Alive -- an organization started by Alicia Keys' to help children in Africa -- will honor Bono at its annual Black Ball October 25th in New York City. This is the latest of many occasions that Bono and Keys have come together: They recorded the charity single "Don't Give Up (Africa)" after first singing the song together at the 2005 Black Ball. And in May of this year, Bono and Keys both attended the premiere of the documentary, We Are Together, at the Tribeca Film Festival in NYC.

Maybe held at Lincoln Center.

ROADTRIP!!!

::Marks off date on calendar:: :hyper: :hyper:

DEFINATELY, if your working in the city that day I'll meet you!

We have to find out the location. It could be at a different place each year. :wink:

Dude, this isn't news. I honor Bono at all times.

Oh, you meant a different Alicia. :shifty: Never mind.

I forgot to mention I really do love seeing Alicia and Bono on a stage together. They are so cute-she is so poised, well-spoken and beautiful and you can tell she respects him. He in turn admires her for her music talents, beauty and especially for her shared humanitarianism.

have they performed together before (sorry, sort of new u2 fan here regarding performances)??

^ Yes, they have done the Peter Gabriel/Kate Bush cover "Don't give up" which was released on itunes with all the profits going to Alicia's "Keep a child alive" foundation. And they did quite a good and very sweet live version of it on the Oprah Winfrey show back in October 2006, when Product (Red) was officially launched in the US. I love this version, it just features Alicia on the piano and Bono singing. :heart:

:shh:
I think Alicia may have a little crush on Bono.

Jeannieco said:
Cool! How did you find out his schedule JC?
I hope he is in Dublin the first week of Oct.
That's my trip!!

I was checking out atu2.com and there it was. Hopefully its true. It said 2007! And also the Boston event was listed their too.

Dusty Bottoms said:
i always thought your name was Cori

Ooooh, my secret is out. :wink:

"corianderstem" is from a line in REM's "Find the River" : "coriander stem and rose of hay."

Canadiens1160 said:
Black people love Bono :heart:

But not U2 that much :heart:

Hey! I like U2. :mad:

Oh, wait....I'm white

stevevi30qd.th.png

unico said:
he's doing an Honor-Marathon this fall! Isn't something happening in Philly in September as well?

You're right but I don't remember what, I know he likes to be at home in the summer when he isn't touring so he probably has a full schedule in the fall. We will just have to find out!!!

corianderstem said:

Ooooh, my secret is out. :wink:

"corianderstem" is from a line in REM's "Find the River" : "coriander stem and rose of hay."

You know, I was listening to that album the other day & I heard that line & I wondered if that's where your nick came from...Nightswimming/Find the River, such a wonderful album closing.

The Irish are the Blacks of Europe. Dubliners are the Blacks of Ireland. The Northside are the Blacks of Dublin. So say it now, say it loud 'I'm Black and I'm proud!'

"This is the band, eh? I betcha U2 are shittin' themselves."

I love that movie so much.

And to tie it back to U2, the kid with the skateboard who shows up outside Jimmy's window to audition but doesn't want to sing on the street? That's the kid from the Boy and War album covers.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that! She doesn't have much screen time. I think most of the time you see her, she's brushing her hair in the mirror or something. :lol:

She also has a teeny part in "Evita" as Peron's mistress who gets booted out of the bedroom by Madonna.

Back
Top Bottom