Alicia To Honor Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Val said:

I can't make it, but I sure am glad you thought of me.

I'm thinking security with all of the stars there is going to be real tight. But PLEBAns are determined creatures.

I can't make it either :sad: I'll be thinking of you guys though!.Hope you have a great time!

I left out the h in sistahs. How un:cool: am I. I should just give it up!:reject:

On second thought, I could use a good editor. What do u say, JC? You'd be terrific.

Last edited:
so do you think its worth coming up for?
I mean philly had lots of security too....

last unicorn said:

Just ignore it, blm.

There is always people who love to stir up trouble and spoil it for others. I will never understand why someone would come here just to make a rude remark while people here are trying to make a positive statement.

You girls rock, really. I wish I'd be where you are and could go with you.

I hope all of you who are going have a great time and get to see Bono.

yeah, you're right. i've been here for seven and a half years just to piss on u2.

that's great you want to see bono, but to me it seems like i couldn't distinguish bono from a lawyer/politician/salesman/etc.

he's a suit, and that's fine. in his own words, there's absolutely nothing "rock and roll" about that.

if you lot get a kick out of entertaining the possibility of meeting him at something like this, fill your boots.

take lots of photos, and smile big for the camera.

The music of U2 is what brings us here.

Some of us learned something more through the work Bono does and support it. I admire someone who can take their position in life and make a difference in history. Politicians do that full time, Bono has multi careers. You are right rock and roll has nothing to do with it but rock and roll was the tool used to bring attention to it.

Zoomerang96 said:

yeah, you're right. i've been here for seven and a half years just to piss on u2.

that's great you want to see bono, but to me it seems like i couldn't distinguish bono from a lawyer/politician/salesman/etc.

he's a suit, and that's fine. in his own words, there's absolutely nothing "rock and roll" about that.

if you lot get a kick out of entertaining the possibility of meeting him at something like this, fill your boots.

take lots of photos, and smile big for the camera.

Instead of being so critical, maybe you should listen to what he says.

Now go away.

I just called Keep a Child Alive and tried to find out some information.

Arrivals are between 6pm and 8pm. There is a red carpet. Viewing they said is on the left hand side if you are facing the Hammerstein. People will then walk towards the right entrance door since the main doors of the Hammerstein are closed.

I'd say Bono will show closer to 8pm. Thats a huge guess.

People wanting the view the red carpet arrivals such as "we" are behind the press box. :madspit:

If possible I say the best place to be is right at where cars leave off on the left side or at the right side near the entrance way where they enter.

Okay- I was wondering if this was going to be a big thing- and if Ali was going to be there with him. Anychance of viewing video from last years to get an idea of the place and crowd? I will check around the web.
I think getting there as soon as possible is important. There is always something happening in NY and this time there is a taxi strike issue. don't know if that just means more foot crowd.
I also now think, he won't stop for more than a wave if it is red carpet??? and if he is with Ali.

JC, Sounds good to me. We will have to get over there and try to sweet talk some security for information and hope we get lucky.

Verrry disappointed you can't won't be there, Kassanda.

BF1, email me with your cell. We will have to all stay in touch.
JC, I'lll email you.

I found this photo and I no likey.

01.jpg

The woman on the phone said that the public viewing would be behind the media. That doesn't look so good. :( She said they would enter at the right, so looking straight at the picture the right isn't good either. The only place I could think of that would be good is on the left at the end where they get out of cars or just before they enter at the other end of the left. :huh:

EdgeITS- It seems that all we may get is a glimpse of him on the carpet.
Not as good as what you girls got in Philly,.:mad:
I have JC for good luck- i think he may even start to recognize her !!

I looked for info about live streaming etc. couldn't find a thing.
Any one know if any of this will get out for viewing?????

blm said:

I have JC for good luck- i think he may even start to recognize her !!

From your mouth to Gods ears!

It may be a good luck day, so far, Tuesdays and Thursdays seem lucky. The numbers of the day 26 and 27 were lucky so maybe we can add 25!

:pray:

Back
Top Bottom