Alex and Martin version of COBL must be destroyed and replaced with u2.com version!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innocent_eyes

Refugee
Wow. The alex and Martin official Cobl video is the most boring/uninspiring peice of musical footage I've ever seen...and U2 are a band that I would never expect something so bland and lifeless. It made me dislike the song.

Their video must be confiscated, every copy, and shoved into a rocket and blasted into the sun.

The U2.com members live footage, however, WOW!!! Redeemed the song for me x10!!!!:drool:

This is brilliant work, I loved evey second of it...this is U2!!! Dynamic and new take on a concert footage, pretty standard video. What a difference of the exact same thing, essentially. Even the music sounds better on the live version!

How about a thumbs up for the U2.com version replacing the A&M disaster? Have an opinion and a vote!!!!

:up: = u2.com video BETTER!!!!!! YAY! lol

Hey at least give Alex and Martin credit for making a video that's even worse than Vertigo (nice black smoke effect there). Those guys have zero talent and now they've proved it twice.

i agree, u2 should use the Chicago DVD version of COBL for the official music video. alex and martin's video is way too dark and cut up.

Vertigo was a good video technically speaking, I though... I'm not sure how they did some of those effects without the blue screen. Well, I do know, and it must have took a lot of work... Unless they had some massively expensive software.

I agree though, the COBL video is rather boring. I don't like the fact that they didn't have that many people there for the shoot, so you won't see people in the seating or in the GA area at the same time... It looks kind of cheesy and annoying in that aspect, because it doesn't look like a real concert.

Plus it's kind of annoying how the band members are dark and hidden for basically the entire time. It looks rather stupid. I've seen videos where that has happened before, but then at the end finally all the lights come on and you can see the entire band. But it actually worked with the lyrics for the song... (It was Linkin Park's Faint). The idea is that the band was being ignored by the listener for the first while, then finally he screams "I won't be ignored" and then you have no choice but to see them because the lights come back on.

I've only seen this one one once, so i should watch it again to refresh my memory... But from what I remember, I don't see how it fits with the lyrics. Maybe it's supposed to be some hidden abstract meaning or something... At least it had a purpose in the Linkin Park vid...

it's not awful, but I admit to liking the U2.com version much better.

Last edited:
i cant get to see the u2.com version unless i pay, right?

whats the difference? i found one on a download site and its taking place live with the audience all around and the neat screen effects. whats the other like? which is which?

well, the u2.com version starts with an ariel view over the Edge, like lookng right down on his beanie!!!!! Very cool, much batter angles, and the curtain and lights and band look much much better!!

I've seen the version where its all dark so i dunno how to compare it. I think its alright and I also liked the Vertigo video. After the crap from Joseph Kahn, the Alex and Martin stuff is fine by me. I always thought they made the video dark b/c they don't want to emphasize how old the guys are. Geriatic, etc...

I basically agree... I don't think the music video is crap, but the live version is much, MUCH better. Unfortunatley, they'd have to edit it to use it as the official video, since the single version of the song is much shorter.

does anyone know where the u2.com vid was filmed. obviously it was a place where video cameras were set up, so that limits it to vancouver and chicago. seeing as there is no extra lightening around the arena (in chicago they hooked up to the circular lighting ring around the venue) i would say its vancouver (some of the stage movements by bono look like what i saw in van) but that's just my guess

although, the chicago arnea lights may not have been turned on for COBL....it starts all dark and they have the light curtain, so they could ignite the arena ad lights during vertigo????

I'm really just hoping this is the DVD...

marik said:
does anyone know where the u2.com vid was filmed. obviously it was a place where video cameras were set up, so that limits it to vancouver and chicago. seeing as there is no extra lightening around the arena (in chicago they hooked up to the circular lighting ring around the venue) i would say its vancouver (some of the stage movements by bono look like what i saw in van) but that's just my guess
was chigago

Ugggh where can I see this video? I didn't waste my money on U2.com and I don't know where to see it!!!

Actually I wanna see both versions. Where can I see where can I see??????

Well for my 1000 post ...yay me!...i'm gonna agree, we must get rid of what Alex and Martin did for the COBL video....and replace it with U2.com's version....it is muuuuuch better, brighter ..especially i love it :up:

It seemed to me like U2 went to Alex and Martin and said, "Can you do something like the color section of Rattle & Hum? Thanks!"

It's an OK video, but we've seen it from U2 before...

i guess zero talent gets you a grammy right?

honestly, if you don't like a video thats like stay, or please, thats fine.. those videos tell stories literally.. whereas vertigo was an abstract video... and COBL is just trying to give a live experience of the song, because after all, the first time we all heard COBL it seemed like it was ASKING to be played live

bcrt2000 said:
i guess zero talent gets you a grammy right?

milli.jpg

4453859.jpg

LOL!!!!

I actually kinda like the vertigo video, I wouldn't mind the COBL video if I hadn't seen how much more could be done with a simple live preformance video, Hamilton's superior version.

Headache.....LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom